PDA

View Full Version : Apple II+ 80 Column Australian card (PAL?)

Zilogoz80
February 26th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I have an issue with and Apple 80 column card, it's a Digicard 80 column card, it uses an MC6845 (CRT video raster), for the video, it has 2 rom chips 2732 I believe, It was made in Australia, I bought it on ebay from a guy in Australia, I just realize they have PAL system over there, well I'm in Canada, It seems to work fine but the image flickers up and down as I connected it to an Apple II NTSC monitor.

Does any body have any idea or sugestion of how to convert this card from PAL to NTSC?

Zilogoz80
March 2nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
I have an issue with and Apple 80 column card, it's a Digicard 80 column card, it uses an MC6845 (CRT video raster), for the video, it has 2 rom chips 2732 I believe, It was made in Australia, I bought it on ebay from a guy in Australia, I just realize they have PAL system over there, well I'm in Canada, It seems to work fine but the image flickers up and down as I connected it to an Apple II NTSC monitor.

Does any body have any idea or sugestion of how to convert this card from PAL to NTSC?

Well I found what the problem was, I had the 80 col card attached to a regular TV to the composite video in and the image was scrolling up and down, i though was because the card was in PAL system well.....WRONG, the card still NTSC even it was manufactured in Australia, I just hook it up to an old APPLE ll green phosforous monitor and it works like a charm, even the lower case with the shift key and the grafics mode switching,..... no need to change any thing, just the monitor....... the strange thing is the apple original video works fine with the TV but not this card.....does any body know why? :confused:

Terry Yager
March 2nd, 2008, 08:26 PM
Some TVs don't operate in the correct frequencies to match the output of the video card.

--T

Terry Yager
March 2nd, 2008, 08:26 PM
Some TVs don't operate in the correct frequencies to match the output of the video card.

--T