PDA

View Full Version : MPF-II facts

Lak
June 27th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Ok I recently got a working MPF-II 64K but failed to find info on the Net except for pictures and more pictures. So this is what I found out about the machine. I think its 50% compatiable since most soft switches are missing. Upper case only keyboard.
1 Apple slot, 1 printer port , 1 external keyboard (no analog joystick port) also simulated joy port. 1 video port , 1 RF mod TV port , 1 MIC and 1 EAR port

16K rom - Applesoft and monitor (extra 4K probably for software char generation etc) No mini-assembler or that I can't find it due to non standard entry points.

Overall a unique machine and great machine to own.

Some data for those who also got one:
0) 9 pin D-sub power +12 +5 +5 +5 -5 Gnd Gnd Gnd (1-9) resp.
1) It does not have a true text mode or GR as in the Apple II
2) Everything is hires generated there kind of slow when scrolling.
3) 2 graphic pages page 1 at $2000 page 2 at $a000
4) Simulates GR mode and Text mode on Page 1 Hires
5) 1 Apple II expansion slot , no -12V was generated (SSC card may have problem)
6) 4 new basic commands PTRON PTROFF (printer) MA,MP switch Hires 1 and Hires 2
7) 6502 and 4164 rams , HAL14L8 socketed

Internally , 1 custom PAL 24 pin - HAL14L8 , I've failed to clone it using a GAL chip. Its probably easy to do the equations for this chip so that this machine is forever just like my Apple 2plus...XT...

Any further info or corrections pls post.

thanks
lak

Terry Yager
July 1st, 2004, 08:30 PM
There was some discussion of those machines on this bb earlier this year. A search on "Micro-Professor" should turn up that thread, with a couple of links, IIRC.

<later...>

Yup, I thought so. Here's the thread:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/viewtopic.php?t=919&highlight=mpfii

Not that much info, except that google was pretty fruitful...

--T

carlsson
July 4th, 2004, 11:34 AM
I think some of the computer magazine reviews had an overview memory map, but I assume Lak already figured out as much as the magazine did.