March 15th, 2008, 06:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Da3mEWtNp4

It's off center, oops. I added "Do the Hustle" as the background audio

Thanks Erik

Bill

tezza
March 15th, 2008, 11:16 AM
LOL, those block graphics!

Reminds me of my TRS-80 M1 clone. Still, those games can be lots of fun.

Was that really the name of the system? "Fairchild Channel F" ? What year did it come out?

Zeela
March 15th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Yes, it was called Fairchild Channel F. Here in Sweden it was licensed by Luxor and called Luxor Video Entertainment System. (Need I say that I have one? :) )

It was released in 1976. You can find more info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_Channel_F

// Z

atari2600a
March 15th, 2008, 02:19 PM
You know, you can get stereo sound out of youtube if you pre-encode your video to FLV before you upload :p

I've always longed for a Channel F...good thing my heavy sixer keeps me company...

Erik
March 15th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Awesome video! Great machine too! :)

Glad it all worked out!

Thrashbarg
March 16th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Heh, very nice for 1976. Colour too!

I've got about 20 boards in the shed from an old fuel pump computer and the CPU on it is a Fairchild F8. I should have a play around with it some time, it looks like a very interesting architecture.

billdeg
March 16th, 2008, 05:53 PM
You know, you can get stereo sound out of youtube if you pre-encode your video to FLV before you upload :p

Even better I could have centered the image...It was 1AM and I was pooped. If I have time I will redo. If I could have done the whole thing over again, I would have recorded the video and audio directly into the computer.

One other note...hockey and tennis were built into the system, no cartridge required. If you do come across one of these, you don't therefore also need a working cartridge if the base system is OK.

atari2600a
March 16th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Yes, but don't forget, turn on the system, THEN insert the cartridge, then reset, or else the cartridge fairy will kill you.

willowmoon93
March 17th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Love my Fairchild Channel F !! It was actually my first auction won on ebay, had a boatload of cartridges to go with it too. Mine was the System II version. Wasn't even expecting it to work, and actually the thing works extremely well, no issues whatsoever! Very blocky graphics and I love the huge 8-track style looking cartridges. In fact, I wound up finding a Channel F cartridge at a thrift store intermingled with the 8-track stuff.