PDA

View Full Version : IBM Portable Pc

matt
May 28th, 2003, 04:17 PM
If any one has one that they'ed like to part with, send me an email. - thanks

Erik
May 28th, 2003, 04:52 PM
You're referring to the IBM PC Portable Model 5155, right? The suitcase style unit with the amber monochrom screen built in?

I don't have one (yet), but I just wanted to clarify.

Erik

curtis
May 29th, 2003, 05:36 PM
Check ebay. I noticed one there just today! It looked like it was in fairly decent shape.

It has been modified to include a 3.5" floppy and a hard disk, but those can be removed and the original 5.25's installed. I will probably have a couple of spare drives in a couple of weeks. My 5155 smoked it's power supply (literally!) and I had to pick up another one for the power supply. Yeah, they're slightly non-standard.

It is also missing the back cover, but units with that are few and far between.

Curtis

Erik
May 29th, 2003, 06:38 PM
I actually used (yet) in my previous post because I am expecting a PC Portable from my brother-in-law the next time we meet.

I'm not sure what it's condition is, nor do I know what it's coming with, but I'm looking forward to adding it to my collection.

Erik

Terry Yager
June 4th, 2003, 11:51 AM
I already sold my IBM 5155 about 9 months ago. (eBay, $107.00). This should be in the neighborhood of what you cn expect to pay for one. Just thought you might be interested in my Z-150. See it listed on the Auction page of this msg. board.

--T

aaron7
August 24th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Not sure if I want to part with mine... but I have one totally complete, missing nothing with all the original cards and floppy, yet I put a Seagate ST-225 in. That can easily be taken out, though I can't seem to find the other floppy to put back in! It works fine, no screen burn, and comes with the original IBM blue carring bag. PM me if you are still in need!

aaron7
August 30th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Still have the portable!