PDA

View Full Version : ConAgra Foods

evildragon
April 24th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Stay away from their products, or more specifically, the Banquet food products.

I almost died due to a chunk of black hard plastic being in the food.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Evilweredragon/badfood.jpg

Other times I've had hair in the food,and the clear plastic sheet not even being glued.

I emailed a complaint to the company.

This is rather sad, cause I like the taste of the food, but since I almost lost my life today chocking on said plastic, I will NEVER eat their food products again.

:angry:

apple2fan
April 24th, 2008, 08:05 PM
SCARY. I eat the chicken nugget meal ALL THE TIME!!

evildragon
April 24th, 2008, 08:19 PM
SCARY. I eat the chicken nugget meal ALL THE TIME!!
That's usually my favorite.

I've not had a problem with those yet. But one time the french fries tasted like the smell of a bathroom. That was only on one batch.

Unknown_K
April 24th, 2008, 09:02 PM
I used to eat banquet frozen chicken a decade or more ago.

Frozen dinners are ok if you cannot cook or are lazy. To be honest if you ever worked in the food industry (I worked at a big pizza shop during highschool and college for 5 years) you know that things can and will get into the food products no matter what you do. Always check your food for foreign objects before you eat it, also sniff it to see if it smells funny. other then that it is probably better for you then the stuff they used to give you in diners 50 years ago.

Vlad
April 24th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Good luck trying to avoid ConAgra, they're much bigger than I thought. The USDA and friends has an allowable ratio of "foreign material" that can make it into products. Usually almost all of that stuff is either irradiated (not really common yet) or sanitized with Ozone or some kind of temp system. Its not really bacteria but just plain stuff in there you have to be careful of.

All that being said, a co worker once cracked part of a tooth off while eating a whopper from BK.

mbbrutman
April 25th, 2008, 05:50 AM
I don't think this thread is terribly appropriate, or productive here. If you really have a problem with their products, take a picture of what you tried to eat and contact the various government agencies.

An email featuring a picture with a chunk of plastic in it is not going to impress anybody. Can you imagine how many times a day a company that size gets a crank trying to extort something out of them?

And yes, this is the 'rants' section. But if you start picking on individual companies or people here, you open us up to lawyers. So don't even argue ...