PDA

View Full Version : Paperclip 64 printer file?

Floppies_only
May 7th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Gang,

I am using my copy of Paperclip 64. I am going through the lessons and learning how to use it. I am coming up to the lesson where you print a document. It says that you have to choose the printer file appropriate for the printer that you have. I have an MPS 801, but none of the files are called that. There is a file called Pet ASCII, and the manual says that it doesn't send control codes. The other printer files are mostly for non-Commodore printers, and some Commodore printers designated by four-digit numbers.

Does anybody know how to get my printer to work?

Thanks,
Sean

Floppies_only
May 7th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Gang,

I found the solution to the problem. The printer file that I needed was listed on the program disk but not in the manual. I followed the proceedure for setting up a printer, intending to select the generic PETSCII printer and I found the file I wanted. So now I will write a letter to somebody.

Yay!

Sean

wiskow
May 8th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Just curious... Which one did you end up using? If I remember correctly, the MPS-801 normally uses the same printer setup file as the 1525 in most word processing software.

-Andrew

80sFreak
May 9th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Now you can print your letter in all its descender-less glory! :D

Cheers,

80sFreak

P.S. Well, unless you have a ROM update that gives you descenders...

Floppies_only
May 10th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Now you can print your letter in all its descender-less glory! :D

Cheers,

80sFreak

P.S. Well, unless you have a ROM update that gives you descenders...

I don't, but this setup is still better then my handwriting :)

Sean

P.S. to Wiskow: Will get the name of that printer file for you later.

Floppies_only
May 12th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Just curious... Which one did you end up using? If I remember correctly, the MPS-801 normally uses the same printer setup file as the 1525 in most word processing software.

-Andrew

That's rich, Andrew. I ask for help and you have exactly the answer I wanted but you didn't say anything until I reported the problem was solved. It's possible that I never would have got the answer that way. Perhaps you came to the thread late, never saw it until after the fact?

For your information, the 1525 driver worked identically to the first one that I used, which was called "mps801-p-alf".

Sean