PDA

View Full Version : Cheap computer Laptop Computers at UNBELIEVABLE prices. HURR

arvindforum
August 28th, 2004, 11:55 PM
VISIT : Deleted for obvious reasons

Terry Yager
August 29th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Erik,

Your first professional spammer! Is this a sign that your lil' ol' BB is finally becoming popular enough to warrant thier interest? Looks like you need to install a "Mark All Read" button on the search page.

--T

Erik
August 29th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Yeah. That or something. . . I'm not sure what. . . :)

E

Erik
August 29th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Just to make it clear, even though I'm sure it pretty much is, this type of behavior is completely unacceptable.

I was willing to let one off-topic for-sale post go, but to spam the boards with that many wasn't going to fly. Now there are none. . .

E

carlsson
August 30th, 2004, 03:48 AM
There was something similar in the Denial VIC-20 forum a while ago, someone who off-topic posted to almost every message with his For Sale list of items. In the end he turned out to be a honest seller (albeit with health problems) who after being told, stopped reposting the message.

Tim Wellman
August 30th, 2004, 04:09 AM
yeah, if someone has a sales website, the good way to promote it is to put the url in their sig file, then make meaningful posts... people will see the link, and it's a respectable way to hock their wares :-) Actually, I checked out this spammer's site... he has basically an information site he wrote, and links on his pages as a tigerdirect affiliate :roll:

so he could have handled it much better than to spam the forum :sneaky:

Erik
August 30th, 2004, 08:33 AM
There was something similar in the Denial VIC-20 forum a while ago, someone who off-topic posted to almost every message with his For Sale list of items. In the end he turned out to be a honest seller (albeit with health problems) who after being told, stopped reposting the message.

I have no doubt that this poster is trying to honestly hock his wares. I was even willing to let his first post go even though it was off-topic for these boards.

He then returned and spammed us, though, and that's not something I'll let fly.

I agree with Tim. Put whatever you want (within reason) in your sig file and post on-topic. I'll leave that stuff alone for sure.

Erik