PDA

View Full Version : Really slow ...

mbbrutman
September 12th, 2004, 06:28 PM
I haven't been around in a while, partially because I dreaded coming back and having to catch up on so many new messages. I guess that was wishful thinking - it looks like it's been really slow. What's going on? Just the normal summer slowdown?

Mike

Erik
September 13th, 2004, 12:41 AM
That would be my guess (and hope.)

If that is the case then things should pick up soon. If not, I may have to do another advertising blast! :)

Erik

Rick Ethridge
September 14th, 2004, 07:28 AM
I get over here at least once a week. Sometimes more often. I CAN spend LOTS OF TIME on my "Vintage Computers". (Doing a file conversion on my C=128 as I type!) RLE

mbbrutman
September 18th, 2004, 07:11 AM
I'm trying to be more regular in my visits, but I just haven't had time time to work on my old machines. And man, I have a lot to do:

- Several hundred diskettes need to be examined, cataloged, and preserved. You never know when you are going to find useful device drivers on one.

- 10 or so hardware modifications to reverse engineer and understand.

- Hundreds of pages of paper docs to sort and preserve.

And this is all just PCjr stuff ... if I had more than one machine type, I'd never have hope of getting it done.

vic user
September 18th, 2004, 07:39 AM
i think there are many of us in the same predicament as you mbbrutman, a mountain if archiving to do!

Unknown_K
September 18th, 2004, 08:46 PM
The weather is getting colder, posting should increase in a month or so.

I have alot of junk to backup from my server, and no motivation to do it.