PDA

View Full Version : Commodore Pet 3008 - what is it worth?

riggers
September 16th, 2004, 05:38 AM
Hi, I'm new here ... first post :)

I need a little advice on selling a Commodore Pet 3008.

Its looks in very clean un-marked condition boxed complete with poly inners and manual. But I can't seem to get it working ... when booted up the screen goes either blank or shows random characters, I've tried leaving it on but theres no change. :roll:

This worked find a couple of years ago, but as been stored and un-used. :?

What could I expect to get for it if I sold it as is?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

carlsson
September 17th, 2004, 07:16 AM
From what I gather, it was around only for a short time, so it may be less common than the 3016 or 3032 (which is the only model I really have heard of before). There may be some chips which have come out of their sockets inside which has it malfunction - rather common with PETs I think, based on email list communcation during the years. You may want to search the Internet for information how to open and reseat chips if that is the fault. If it then works, you may easier sell it. If it still is failing, something else is wrong and may be harder to fix/replace.

Dunno about the going rate. There currently are three PETs on eBay; one 2001 at $150 (11h), one 4032 at $10 (2d11h) and one 8032 at 13 (5d3h). At the same time, some people give away their working or non-working PETs for free to enthusiasts who are genuinely interested and can pick up without shipping.

riggers
October 5th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Thank you for your reply.

I'll put it on ebay ... should be interesting to see what it brings.

Thanks again!
Dave :D