PDA

View Full Version : Apple IIe monitor

JoJo_ReloadeD
July 1st, 2008, 01:41 AM
A friend of mine is thinking of buying an Apple IIe without monitor.

The question is.. what kind of monitor does it use? Can it work with a regular ntsc tv?

david__schmidt
July 1st, 2008, 02:39 AM
The question is.. what kind of monitor does it use?
It uses a monitor that can take "composite" NTSC video input.

Can it work with a regular ntsc tv?
Yes, if the TV has composite in - like an input for a VCR, say. Most TVs produced in the past decade or so have them.

JoJo_ReloadeD
July 1st, 2008, 02:59 AM
It uses a monitor that can take "composite" NTSC video input.

Yes, if the TV has composite in - like an input for a VCR, say. Most TVs produced in the past decade or so have them.

Ok, thanks :D

Geo3
July 1st, 2008, 12:17 PM
It will work on a composite monitor, but 80 col text will not be that readable. You would need a monitor that is a monochrome to read 80 col text. One of the composite IIe monitors had a button that you would push and it would become a green screen. This would allow for 80 col text to read with no problem. Push it again, and it would go back to a color monitor.

facattack
August 8th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I've got an Apple II E Color Composite monitor. The output is a single VHS cable. I haven't got a box, though.

September 29th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I want to get rid of my old monochrome monitor that came with the Apple IIe. It's green on black, of course. Once in a while goes blank, needs a whack to get it back on. Free! Let me know: woodhugger@yahoo.com