PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Tulsa Vintage Video Game Exhibition

DimensionDude
July 7th, 2008, 03:26 PM
The 2008 vintage video game exhibition is a go for August 9 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

I'll post where it will be held when I find out.

I'm hoping to be there showing my Sears Telegames Pong and perhaps a Dimension 68000 running some DOS and Apple II games.

Kent

DimensionDude
July 7th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Apparently the edit didn't stick, or perhaps I'm impatient, but more info can be found at

www.ovge.com

DimensionDude
July 20th, 2008, 03:30 PM
No mention of this on the official website, but a reliable source has told me that the exhibition has been canceled.

Hmm...that spelling of "canceled" doesn't look right to me but the spell checker flags it if I use double "L".

84TAVeRT
July 20th, 2008, 03:45 PM
that sux... i already have a trackday planned for the 9th...

Dore
July 28th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Like I posted in the USA South forum, OVGE is still on. Jesse just e-mailed me, in fact. I'll be there with as an exhibitor with two tables, and will be having a mixture of old and new stuff on display (with a focus on computing this time around). Hope to see you all there!

DimensionDude
July 29th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Sorry for the mixup, I misunderstood what my source was saying.

Dore, I hope that you can take some photos and post them here as I won't be going. My Jeep has been acting a bit strange the past couple of days and I'd hate to have a breakdown far from home.

I was looking forward to this, too. Oh well, perhaps next year.

Kent

Dore
July 29th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I personally won't be able to take any pictures (I don't own a camera of any sort, even an old one!), but as usual, Jesse will take a bunch, as will some of the other exhibitors. Too bad you can't make it, but if this year is a success, maybe next year you can make it.

Dore
August 7th, 2008, 06:51 PM
OVGE is day after tomorrow, guys! Jesse was on the news, showing a nice little display and advertising the show, so this one definately has all the signs of being the biggest OVGE yet. I'm currently trying to decide on an Apple IIe game to demo throughout the day. See you all there!

Toshiba_Collector
August 8th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Don't forget to post pics.

Dore
August 8th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I don't have a camera, but the ovge main site should have a bunch. I'll put up links to anyone who does put up pics, though.