PDA

View Full Version : Qlt Futura 100 Seiko printer

roynall@comcast.net
July 8th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I have a Futura 100 system and I'd like to use the Seiko Colorpoint printer with Windows Xp or Win 98.Where can I get a driver and what are the printer settings (if they're different).Also,I'd like to get rid of the rest of the system.Anyone interested in it?Thanks.
Roy

rmay635703
July 9th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I am most interested in the old Magnavox/commodore monitor that came with the futura if you are willing to ship that separate, also...

I may be interested in the system itself, what amount of ram onboard, hard drive still there?
What are the specs, AKA what camera, scanner, etc?

I have so many though, where are you located? Shipping may kill the deal, also I probably don't need the camera, cables, keyboard, well maybe the monitor cable or even the Magnavox/commadore monitor that came with it.

I will try to help on the driver, you should remember there were different types of Seiko colorpoint printers that took distinctly different drivers, especially in windows, which many times was only supported by a Superprint interface with dye sub ribbons. What type is listed on the back with the number?

It may be on driverguide
http://list.driverguide.com/list/company929/
(good luck with driverguide)

The older colorpoint (which I can't remember the 4 digit number for) is included below, just remember that windows 3.11 drivers work in windows 98se,98,95 with a little effort, but usually cannot run under XP.

ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/windows/drivers/wdl.txt

Also note that many Seiko Colorpoint drivers are included within Windows 98 and higher via the ADD PRINTER BUTTON, but be warned, you must know the model exactly as I have alluded to above.

Good Luck
Ryan

roynall@comcast.net
July 21st, 2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the info,but I've sold the equipment now.