PDA

View Full Version : Ergonomic buckling spring keyboard...

geneb
August 4th, 2008, 08:08 PM
The recent Model M keyboard thread got me to thinking - does anyone offer a buckling spring keyboard that is split like the Microsoft Natural keyboard? I know that there once was a Model M15 that was split like that, but I've been unable to find a source for them.

I'd really like to find one if I could.

g.

Trixter
August 4th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I have never heard of one. I think the idea is that, if you need an ergonomic keyboard, you have no need for a buckling-spring keyboard (ie. the latter is for people who don't have RSI or carpal tunnel syndrome).

Someday I may eventually give Das Keyboard (http://www.daskeyboard.com/) a try (the model without any printing on the keycaps). At work, so I can impress the crap out of people :-)

geneb
August 5th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Well it's not that I NEED one, I just WANT one. :) I've got a pair of regular Model M keyboards as well as a new one from Unicomp. I just thought it would be neat to have the buckling spring switches in a split keyboard.

g.

liz newman
January 12th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I have one that I'm trying to repair. I've been using it since 1993 and it is the only thing that allows me to work without pain. I took it apart and fixed all the problems, but then I got a new one: a row of keys doesn't respond. Sounds like a circuit problem. Does anyone know of a way to repair a painted circuit with metallic paint,-or of someone who does that kind of thing?

Lorne
January 12th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Is this one?
The keys have a click to them.

I was given this by an e-cycler a few months ago.
It's been sitting in the closet unused (I never did like ergo keyboards), and it got pulled out and put by the door, to go out with the trash, two days ago.
If it's what you're looking for, you've got good timing.

Here's some info on it - maybe this'll tell you if it's a buckling spring type.
http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~duelist/kb-7061/index.htm

Ole Juul
January 12th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I note that geneb hasn't posted on the forum since May of last year.

That looks like a pretty good keyboard, please don't throw it away! I'm sure someone can use it, and even would like it very much. :)

That said, the angle of the key rows seems like it would cause stress in normally shaped hands but I guess that is testimony to man's ability to adapt. Actually, I guess someone failed to make the change, and that's why the keyboard is where it is.

Lorne
January 12th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I note that geneb hasn't posted on the forum since May of last year.

That looks like a pretty good keyboard, please don't throw it away! I'm sure someone can use it, and even would like it very much. :)

That said, the angle of the key rows seems like it would cause stress in normally shaped hands but I guess that is testimony to man's ability to adapt. Actually, I guess someone failed to make the change, and that's why the keyboard is where it is.

Ok, thanks Old Juul, and that's it - I'm putting a post it on my screen that says "Check Date of Posts Before Replying".
I always forget to do that.
I'll send geneb a PM, and if he doesn't reply within a few days, someone can have it for postage.

RevealFan
April 4th, 2010, 06:55 PM
That keyboard's twin is clicking happily under my keystrokes right now. I registered on this board for the sole purpose of inquiring if you, Lorne, still somehow happen to have this keyboard I would very much like to have it. Naturally I am having a look around and can see that this site could be a serious time sink unless I'm very disciplined. Please let me know if you still have that keyboard, and thanks much!

k2x4b524[
April 4th, 2010, 07:34 PM
ergonomic buckling spring? IF I HAD THAT I'D DUMP MY MICROFOST ERGO :D:D:D:D:D:D

RevealFan
April 4th, 2010, 07:40 PM
It's great, it really is. Which is why I wouldn't mind having another one.