PDA

View Full Version : AT&T PC 6300 site down

Yzzerdd
August 4th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Well folks, due to Eric's mishap with vintageIBM.net, the sub-site VintageATT.vintageIBM.net is gone as well. I still have the pages and that, though. If ya'll need any AT&T software or info, let me know. I still plan on doing the restore thing this summer, but I dont know when I'll have a site to put it on. I'll just take down the info and that so I dont have to later. Anyhow, I know it wasn't that great of a site, but I feel it was good for my first, and that it could've been a pretty nice addition to the web. Well, thankyou all for your support, and I hope to someday have a site again.

For now, Yzzerdd.Wordpress.com for my blog.

--Jack

Trixter
August 5th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Please upload all of the downloadable files to ftp.oldskool.org (make a new folder in /incoming) and I'll make an AT&T public archive similar to the TVDOG Tandy 1000 archive I've hosted for 10 years. I don't want these files lost.

Hosting is free (google sites, geocities, etc.) so I don't want the loss of one site used as the reason that the work involved is pitched...

Trixter
August 5th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Here, look, in 10 minutes I already whipped up the following:

http://sites.google.com/site/att6300shrine/Home

Homepage, downloads page, and a file to download. This is just an example but if I can do it then you can certainly do better... I can make anyone an owner, would you like to become the owner of the site? If so, respond with your preferred email address and I'll make you an owner.

Hosting is free in 2008, don't give up because your existing hosting went south.

Yzzerdd
August 6th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Hey, very cool! I think that will be a great temporary solution! I wouldn't mind taking over at all.

Thanks!

--Jack
Jack.Harvey(AT)RDFIG(DOT)net

Trixter
August 7th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Poof! You're now the owner. You should see an invitation in the email address you provided soon.

You should be able to copy a lot of what you did over, and thankfully it lets you upload "attachments" (files). It took my disk images okay so it should take the rest as well.

The IBM site was a bit more complex and might need traditional hosting.