PDA

View Full Version : Commands for Drive

steveuk
August 10th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Man this is peeing me off, as ya know i have the Commodore C64 Trition Disk Drive, i connected it up to the C64, it spinning, but can i find the load Commands, ive tried, Dload, load"*",8 load"*",9 Load"*",0 load"*" 1-7 and still i cant get the darn thing to load..

I know there was a spectrum version and ive tried there commands, but still no go. I cant even rember if there was ment to be a data disk that was ment to be loaded in to the C64 to get the drive to run the load commands...

I just dont kow it's driving me insane. ,anyone got any idears or load commands i could try, would be nice to see it working and loading disks which i have several of,and may have stuff on them,load.
So if you got any Commands i could use please list them here.

Steve

Zeela
August 10th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Do you get any errors when executing load"*",8?

You probably got "Device not present" or something similar when loading? Try load"*",x where x is 8, 9, 10 or 11. The four "usual" device numbers for disk drives on the C64. The drive should respond on one of those numbers.

And you know that you can get a directory listing of the disk by using: load"$",x

Edit: Misunderstanding... The Triton Disk Drive isn't a ordinary disk drive...

You most likely need some sort of program to be able to talk to it.

// Z

steveuk
August 10th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Do you get any errors when executing load"*",8?

You probably got "Device not present" or something similar when loading? Try load"*",x where x is 8, 9, 10 or 11. The four "usual" device numbers for disk drives on the C64. The drive should respond on one of those numbers.

And you know that you can get a directory listing of the disk by using: load"$",x

Edit: Misunderstanding... The Triton Disk Drive isn't a ordinary disk drive...

You most likely need some sort of program to be able to talk to it.

// Z

well i tried all them commands, had to put he triton on a Exspantion board as would not fit into the C64 port all that well, think this was made for the old stle C64, not the new style.
Shame cant get it working i did have it working when i first got it,but bugger me if i can remeber if i had intructions and any S/W for it or not
Im stumbed...lol

Steve

carlsson
August 10th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Since it attaches to the cartridge port, the question is whether you get any startup message different from the regular one. It may require a SYS to start, but I find that unlikely as it was a commercial product and should autostart.

It may assign a device number, but probably something different from what the IEC bus uses. Try 6, 7, 12 and upwards to 255. Or even better, try to find the docs as it will make it much easier to sell.

steveuk
August 10th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Since it attaches to the cartridge port, the question is whether you get any startup message different from the regular one. It may require a SYS to start, but I find that unlikely as it was a commercial product and should autostart.

It may assign a device number, but probably something different from what the IEC bus uses. Try 6, 7, 12 and upwards to 255. Or even better, try to find the docs as it will make it much easier to sell.

lol wont ever find the docs, as never got them myself i dont think.lol

Steve

CP/M User
August 16th, 2008, 11:22 PM
steveuk wrote:

lol wont ever find the docs, as never got them myself i dont think.lol

Unfortunately I won't be of much help, though perhaps a Search for "FAQ"+"Trition Disk" would be of some assistance - otherwise perhaps a C64 Forum maybe able to help :-??

Bungo Pony
August 26th, 2008, 09:51 AM
As with some fastload cartridges, it may have a hidden command to get into some sort of menu. Try typing simple characters such as "$", "*" and hit return afterward and see if anything comes up.