PDA

View Full Version : IMS TurboDos:

z8coder
August 16th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I just droped in to see if it is really true that no one has a really good set of DOS programs that can format and sys CP/M files to create actuall Boot disks for any one. Please don't take afense to this but I can't believe that in the about 30 years that this stuff has been around that noone has figured this stuff out yet! makes me wounder where this world and country are headed for if we can't figure rather trivial stuff out like this and we expect to get anywhere in the future?

z8coder I guess if it must be done I will have to do it again!
:-D;)

Trixter
August 16th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Have you looked at the old shareware 22DISK?

z8coder
August 17th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Yes these programs are not working properly and I have a better way of doing it. with the advancements in the computer technology today as compaired to then this is going to be relatively easy to do as I have always found this stuff to be! a few driver translater programs in Windows and then connect the CP/m drive to it and away we go! I just sort of expected that the community as a whole would have done something to bridge this rather small problem by now!

You see I finnally dug out several of my old computers and blowed the dust off of them (IMS 5000, IMS 8000) and found that they would no longer boot up so I went and downloaded all those files anadisk,teledisk.22disk,22nice, these are not the solution to this type of problem creating a boot disk for an original machine is the ultimate goal and now I am just about there! Windows has built in code to provent this type of thing (accessing any of the old hardware) but I am now bypassing that mechanism with a driver that I've written to help me interface to the drives directly so that I can actually sys the files onto the floppies and then this problem will be history!

I guess when I'm done with this set of computers I night as well do the rest of them whilt I'm at it and get them all up and running!

z8coder Assembly Language is the only way even in Windows!