PDA

View Full Version : IBM 5100 on eBay EXPENSIVE!!

NathanAllan
October 9th, 2004, 02:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74946&item=5129771869&rd=1

I know why this thing has gone up so much! On the radio show Coast to Coast AM last night, there was a guest on talking about a person named John Titor, a supposed time traveler. He (John) said he was here from 2036 to get that particular computer because it could talk to ALL other IBM machines (search John Titor on google for more) and that that computer was needed to get around a Unix bug that caused an error in 2038, that he would prevent. A very fascinating story! Go read it, you can link there from www.coasttocoastam.com or search it out for yourself. I read the whole thing and it really makes you think about time traveling.

But see the result! That guy on eBay must be thrilled to see that his computer that had STARTED selling for $57 jumped to over $900 because of one radio show! So just in case, if any of you have a working IBM 5100, hang onto it and keep it good. It may save the world in thrity years!!

Nathan

joe sixpack
February 12th, 2005, 04:03 AM
i wonder if he ended up getting that 1,115
i would *$$# my pants a good one i would!