PDA

View Full Version : latest find

nblsavage
August 28th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I just found a Fairchild Channel F with box and manual at my local Goodwill Outlet. Pity there weren't any carts but still a heck of a find.

Vint
August 28th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I just found a Fairchild Channel F with box and manual at my local Goodwill Outlet. Pity there weren't any carts but still a heck of a find.

Great find! They went for like $170. in 1976!

In case you haven't seen this already - here's some carts on an eBay auction going on now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270270222266

willowmoon93
August 29th, 2008, 03:44 AM
My first ebay auction that I won was a Fairchild Channel F Version 2 along with 19 games, for a total of around $50, including shipping. However, mine didn't come with the box & manual so what you got is pretty cool! Just don't plan on being blown away by the graphics, it makes an Atari 2600 look like a PlayStation 3 by comparison.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you at Goodwill?

nblsavage
August 29th, 2008, 05:17 AM
My first ebay auction that I won was a Fairchild Channel F Version 2 along with 19 games, for a total of around $50, including shipping. However, mine didn't come with the box & manual so what you got is pretty cool! Just don't plan on being blown away by the graphics, it makes an Atari 2600 look like a PlayStation 3 by comparison.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you at Goodwill?

Most everything is by weight and it was in a cart with a bunch of other stuff my wife and I bought, I'm thinking it probably cost me around $10-ish.

Toshiba_Collector
August 29th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I saw prepaid Ebay gift cards at my grocery store. Does anyone use these?

willowmoon93
August 29th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Most everything is by weight and it was in a cart with a bunch of other stuff my wife and I bought, I'm thinking it probably cost me around $10-ish.

That IS a good deal !! If you get a chance, that auction that Vint was mentioning earlier, looks like it has a pretty good mix of games, it's up to $20 right now, 6 days to go. I hate those situations where you have just games but no system to play it on, or vice versa. Kinda like me with the Astrocade. I have quite a few games for it, but I've yet to get a system at a reasonable enough price.