PDA

View Full Version : Xerox 860 IPS Documentation and Disks

Lou - N2MIY
September 16th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Folks,

A year or so ago I met up with a fellow to save some 8" floppies he had from the trash. He told me that the floppies were used with his Xerox 860 IPS word processing system that he used to use in his family business. He donated two machines and a load of documentation to the computer history museum in CA, and trashed the rest of the machines because he couldn't find a taker, very sad. But, he saved one set of the manuals and system software. Because I was willing to try to find a home for the stuff, he gave it to me (as well as a few boxes of unused 8" floppies that I originally contacted him about.)

I have not been successful in finding anyone interested in the documentation or disks, so I thought I would try here.

There are reference and operator manuals and many revisions of system software, spell checker, graphing package, etc. that go to 1995.

If you have an 860 IPS, please let me know. These items need a home that will make use of them. Don't worry though, they won't ever be disposed of. If you are trying to dispose of an 860 IPS, perhaps together we can find an interested taker here.

Lou

ScrappyLaptop
September 17th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Hi Lou, I have an 850 (the 860's slightly less equipped sibling) that I'm bringing back to life; everything is in great shape but am missing the docs and disks. I sent you a message, if you did not get it, please email me...
scrappylaptop
at
yahoo
dot
com

Lou - N2MIY
September 18th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Frank,

It looks like I wrote back to the wrong address. Check it again.

Other Vintage Xerox Fans,

Some google searching leads me to believe that 860 software (not data disks) will not run on an 850. Is there anyone out there that has used both (or either) and would know?

Thanks,

Lou