PDA

View Full Version : Televideo 925

SEE3
September 22nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Does anyone have a Televideo 925 that they would be willing to part with?
Or, does anyone know where it might find one? Can't seem to find one.

Thanks,
Steve

Erik
September 22nd, 2008, 04:31 PM
What's with the popularity of the TV925s these days?

Terry Yager
September 22nd, 2008, 06:34 PM
I'm guessing someone posted a picture of one somewhere, and everyone else is thinking, "Oh kewl, just what I've been wanting...an old-sk00l-looking terminal for my linux box."

--T

Lorne
September 22nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
See3: I've got one being delivered on Friday (and no, you're not getting my address:)).

I found it by posting on this forum, under the Vintage Computer Items Wanted section, and got a I reply. It cost half as much to ship it, as it did to buy it, but it'll be worth it. It will match up with my Altos 8000 and will make up the same computer setup I first had in 1981/1982 (at a price of $ 10 K CDN I might add!). Ouch huh?

Also have a look at Marketplace - Vintage Computer Items for Sale or Trade - July 15, 2008 post for - "Free 1982 Altos 8000-2A......." Soupwizard picked up the Altos and a TV925 for free. I contacted him about the Altos right after he got it, and he was going to give it to me for the price of shipping. We emailed back and forth for a couple of weeks, but he must have changed his mind though because now he doesn't even return my emails. It's a long shot, but you might PM him and see if he wants to get rid of the TV925. If he says yes, don't hiold your breath for too long.

Terry Yager: What the hell's a Linux box? Must be even before MY time ! :)

Erik: they seem to be pretty rare, and they were a good looking monitor/keyboard combination. (thanks for setting up this site - without it I wouldn't be getting the Televideo. I also wouldn't have spent a ton of money on a growing computer collection, but that's not your fault).

SEE3
September 23rd, 2008, 04:41 PM
The Televido 925 was popular with the Altos Systems. I did find someone locally to loan me a DT-100 terminal. I trying to put the Alto 5/15AD together. I tested it with this terminal and it works but I don't have any CP/M or MP/M disktettes for this system. I'm in need of software for this system and a user manual or PDF copy of it. Does anyone know were I can get any software or manuals for the Altos 5/15AD?

Lorne
September 24th, 2008, 10:26 AM
SEE3 - I sent you a PM.

kablah2345
November 15th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I recently Came across a televideo 925 and grabbed it.
if anyone is interested message me an offer.