PDA

View Full Version : old magazines

rosemary.moonrain
October 14th, 2008, 05:35 PM
does anyone know where I can find old magazines with the, I guess source code, to make a game or program for the 64? I recently got a 64 on ebay, and I remember the magazines when I was a kid and had a 64.

ahm
October 14th, 2008, 06:20 PM
You mean magazines like this (http://www.atarimagazines.com/)?

Andy

rebeltaz
November 10th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Awww Man! Does that take me back! I miss those days...

wmmullaney
November 11th, 2008, 04:37 AM
I have some program listings copied from mags, if you want I can scan some.

DataGold
November 26th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Hi, I recently found in the trash a Commodore 64 and 128, monitor, floppy drives and cables to connect them all and amazingly they all work (it was raining that day). I have a simon's basic cartridge and my son has expressed and interest in learning to program and I was wondering if someone had some print outs, source code text files of some programs he could have to try out various things. Unfortunately I can't find any of my old commodore stuff anymore (too many moves most likely got in the throw pile not the keep pile).

New Member today. Used to have a commodore computer - well I went from a vic 20 to a C64 to a 128. But that was too many years ago.

Thanks for any help

docred
December 5th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Depending on where you are I could shuffle some copies of stuff your way, or scan then and email them.

rebeltaz
December 5th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I know I for one would love to see some old listings....

DataGold
December 8th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Scanning would work the best if that's not too much trouble - I'm in Wisconsin if that helps any.

ahm
December 8th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I often see scanned documents where the back of the page is bleeding through to the front.
There's a simple fix to help minimize that effect.
Every time you scan a page, put a piece of black construction paper behind it.
The black paper will help soak up the extra light, rather than reflect it back and cause a ghost image.