PDA

View Full Version : How much is a TI 99/4a worth?

wmmullaney
November 11th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Is a ti 99 worth $20 with no cables?

Vint
November 11th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Is a ti 99 worth $20 with no cables?

My experience, and this is only on eBay, has been that I bought my first TI99/4A for $20.50 in perfect condition and included a like new cassette recorder and a game cart. The second one I bought for $10.50 and included 6 carts and the speech synthesizer. It was also in perfect working condition and spotless. The third one I bought for $4.99 and although the beige case was spotless and just like new - the unit didn't function properly, (video problem). I'm going to replace the innards of the beige one with the innards of one of my silver/black case ones - that is if I can ever find it around here. I know it's here somewhere. Since I had two silver/black working TI's, I packed one away - and now I can't find it! I want one silver/black and one beige unit to display.
So, to answer your question. You can easily pick up a fine TI99/4A with all the cords and maybe some extras for anywhere from $5. - $20.
Now that's the TI99/4A - the original TI99/4 should bring a higher price.

gerrydoire
November 11th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I have two TI 99/4A's, the metal finish and the plastic finish versions.

Both are brand new never used and never removed from their plastic bags.

I Have a Atari 400 and Atari 800, that were removed from the bags but never used.

Gota love it..

wmmullaney
November 11th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I'll look for a cheaper one then, thanks for the replies!

VintageComputerman
November 11th, 2008, 09:33 AM
If you are looking to buy, you can find them real cheap from time to time. There is usually someone out there with a starting bid of .99 cents and only one bid, so someone got a real bargain. On the other hand, if you price it right you can get more than $20.00, especially if you have a store on ebay and can leave it for a few weeks or months. Eventually, someone will come by and buy it. Someone who wants it right then and there. Also your reputation is a factor too.

I have over 17 ti99's now with 2 expansion boxes and boxes of carts, spare parts, etc. I'll end up putting them in store and should have no problem selling them for around $60.00 or more, even in these trying economic times.

Terry Yager
November 11th, 2008, 11:42 AM
At least wait for a more complete rig to come along.

--T

wmmullaney
November 11th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I'v got my eye on one with cables, carts for $12.99.

wmmullaney
November 12th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Drat! The seller jacked the starting bid up to $20! That was a very sneeky thing to do. Not buying from him.