PDA

View Full Version : HP155 information???

man486er
December 9th, 2004, 10:51 AM
I have a hp155 that was working.The batts went dead,and now will not pass"power on self test".Nor will it find the boot drive.The boot drive is config to 1.Need config info bad.

Please help.

tachyon
December 9th, 2004, 04:38 PM
I have a hp155 that was working.The batts went dead,and now will not pass"power on self test".Nor will it find the boot drive.The boot drive is config to 1.Need config info bad.

Please help.

HP155? It would help to know what type beast this is. I'm very familiar with the HP150 computers, but an HP155 isn't something I remember.

A little more information would help. If it's something I know about, I'll be happy to help out.

Regards,
Tachyon

man486er
December 10th, 2004, 04:02 PM
It's not quite a beast.But acts as one.
The machine model is 45611b built in oct1985.It has a terminal type screen whith the computer.I do know it's a 8086 procesor,runing a big 8mhz.The disk drive are seaperate units.The drive whith the hd is hp9133.
I have looked it up in the old computer musem,lot of info,but not what I need.

Any input on this?

tachyon
December 11th, 2004, 05:02 PM
This is a link with the specs and a picture.

http://www.cs.cuw.edu/museum/HP150.html

Your model number is an HP150B which had an upgraded ROM and some additional shielding over the original HP150.

It uses Type N batteries in a plastic holder that clips through the back panel with the battery contacts pressed against "risers" on the main logic board.

If it's reporting Configuration Information Invalid or a variation on that, you need to replace the batteries and possibly clean the contacts on the main logic board.

Then, when the system comes up, press the key marked "Setup" to get into a built in setup routine. The controls are on the function keys that correspond to the reverse video blocks at the bottom of the screen, with the first four (left of the cursor location numbers) being F1-F4 and the ones to the right of the cursor location numbers being F5-F8.

It's not unusual for the keyboard to fail and having no way to do anything with the machine. If the old HP's had any failings, it was certainly the keyboards.

Tachyon

alker
July 3rd, 2008, 05:07 AM
Hi, I recently aquired an HP 150 with 9122 disk drive. When I boot up the HP 150 nothing comes onto the screen. I just see green lines when I change the contrast. I reseated the motherboard and the chips but it's not helping. I fear the CRT chip has passed (it seems like that). can somebody help me what to do?

alker
July 3rd, 2008, 05:10 AM
the fuse is ok, I can hear bootin up.. the screen also comes on but only shows interferences because there comes no information to the screen... I did not put in a battery.. the battery contact seems a little bit corroded...

Chuckster_in_Jax
July 4th, 2008, 06:20 AM
One of the best resources I have found for information on vintage HP computers is www.hpmuseum.net. For the HP150 if you go to bottom of this page and select "product documentation" you will find a list of bulletins and manuals including a service manual in PDF format.

http://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?hw=43

This is an amazing site. I wish there were more like it.

Also checkout all the software you can get for the HP 150 on this page:

http://www.hpmuseum.net/exhibit.php?swc=5