PDA

View Full Version : Sider ][ Hard Drive for Apple ][

geomatic
November 29th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Hello!

I recently installed a Sider Hard Drive from First Class Peripherals that I acquired about a ayear ago.

Install went fine, as I stuck to the default slots and left the option jumpers alone.

I have the software utilities, drive, cables, and interface card.
I do not have *any* documentation.

Does anyone still have the documentation for this drive and card? I would pay for a copy. There doesn't seem to be anything on any of the vintage Apple mirrors.

klfoster
December 29th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I still have a Sider Hard Drive in its original packaging and box. I don't see the manual, though (I usually keep the manuals with the packaging - though I do remember having one). Back in the 80's, I had it shipped back for repair (when it was still under warranty). I hope I pulled the manual before it was replaced - maybe I didn't get it back. I'll look around for it down in the dark recesses of my basement where my vintage systems live ;)

Kerry

klfoster
January 5th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I finally found the manual for "The Sider" hard drive. It is 143 pages. It's the typical small 5.5"x8.5" page size (fun to feed into a copier ;) ). I should be able to make a copy or scan in the pages (what's your preference?) if you still want it.

-Kerry