PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Phil Adam - Pres of Spectrum Holobyte - Tetris, Gato, Falcon, etc.

ChaseTheChuckwagon
February 6th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Hey all,

Our premier podcast http://www.RetroGamingRoundup.com will be available very soon.

In it, I have an exclusive interview with Mr. Phil Adam. Phil was the President and Co-Founder of Spectrum Holobyte. He was responsible for bringing Tetris to the USA and ultimately it's success on Nintendo's Game Boy. Other hits for Spectrum Holobyte were also GATO and Falcon. He then went on to become President of Interplay and brought out hits like Battle Chess and Bard's Tale. A future interview will be with Mr. Alexey Pajitnov himself, the creator of Tetris.

You won't want to miss the interview ! Check our website for the availability of the February show. I will also update this thread so you will all be in the loop.

Bill_Loguidice
February 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Nice get. Looking forward to it!

ChaseTheChuckwagon
February 6th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Thanks. It's cool as I met Phil on a flight from Orange County to San Jose. He was sitting next to me on a Southwest Flight and he was playing Touchmaster DS on his Nintenod DS. I happen to have my DS with me (never travel without it) and said Touchmaster was one of me and wife's favorite games. He then indicated he was with the company that developed it for Midway - PhoenixSoft.

So we ended up shooting the shit for the flight to San Jose and come to find out he was also the guy who started Spectrum Holobyte. Needless to say this turned into a very great discussion about the history of gaming. Then we landed and he asked if I could give him a ride to a venture capital meeting in Sunnyvale. Sure, why not. Then come to find out we are neighbors.

That was about a year ago and we have been good friends ever since. He has connections to anyone who is anyone in the industry so he will be getting us lots of great interviews in the future.

Life's kinda funny that way !