PDA

View Full Version : Unixware 1.1

Sharkonwheels
February 12th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Wanted to stroll down memory lane, and found my Novell/Univel UnixWare 1.1 CD from WAAAAY back when. However, no boot install floppies.

Anyone got the install/boot disks for UnixWare 1.1? I'd appreciate disk images if anyone has them.

T

DoctorPepper
March 7th, 2009, 11:19 AM
They didn't put boot floppy images on the CD? I thought that was pretty much standard. You could use either 'dd' on Unix or 'rawrite' on MS-DOS/Windows to create your boot media.

Sharkonwheels
March 9th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Nope - no images.
SCO didn't, either, at least not back then - we're talking 1994 or so.

T

patscc
March 9th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Are you sure they're not buried in a sub-folder on the CD somewhere ? The early NT(not that NT is *nix) versions used to have tools to make the boot disks on the CD, but they tended to be a bit buried.
patscc

kb2syd
March 9th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I agree with the Shark. Images were not on the early versions. Most of the SCO installs I have were not even available on CD. Tape or 5.25" floppy was it for several years.

Pepinno
December 18th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Wanted to stroll down memory lane, and found my Novell/Univel UnixWare 1.1 CD from WAAAAY back when. However, no boot install floppies.

Anyone got the install/boot disks for UnixWare 1.1? I'd appreciate disk images if anyone has them.

T

You can grab the UnixWare 1.1 boot floppy from here:

ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/UW11/boot1.tar

Having said that, is there any possibility to borrow, buy or otherwise get an ISO copy of your Unixware 1.1 CD-ROM? I've been searching for such a rare treasure for a LONG LONG time.

z-bORg
March 31st, 2011, 11:07 AM

T

Can you help with UnixWare 1.1 CD-ROM ISO?

Sharkonwheels
April 21st, 2011, 05:33 PM
Honestly, I don't think I have it any more.
If I do, no idea where it would be at present.

Works been tremendously busy (haven't been home 2 straight weeks since like December 2010!)

kokoboi
May 30th, 2011, 12:16 PM
i have all installation diskettes + iso image ux1.1 german version on iso-s.

z-bORg
June 29th, 2011, 07:59 AM
i have all installation diskettes + iso image ux1.1 german version on iso-s.

Tnx!

1) Only germans version?

2) German ver. of the UX 1.1 = English ver.?

3) Can I download ones from yours?

kokoboi
July 27th, 2011, 12:33 AM
it's a german version only. sure I can upload it for you. PM for details

z-bORg
August 5th, 2011, 02:52 PM
it's a german version only. sure I can upload it for you. PM for details
Many thanks. PM for specifications.

gideon741
June 26th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Many thanks. PM for specifications.

i would like to have those files as well, trying to find them, can i download from you as well?