PDA

View Full Version : Adventure

jimmieloveshissunfire
February 12th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Does anyone know where I can download colossal cave adventure for the apple II. I'm looking for the version with pictures and text.

tezza
February 13th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Hmm.., I can't answer your question but did Colossal Cave ever come with pictures? I thought it was text only?

Tez

carlsson
February 13th, 2009, 02:55 AM
There is some mystery adventure in the Tom Hanks movie "Big" that plays on a CGA class PC. Most people are certain it is a mock-up made especially for the movie, while some suggest the scene played could come from Colossal Cave Adventure. I don't know the Apple II games, but perhaps Jimmie has seen this movie and is looking for an actual game looking like it.

cosam
February 13th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Hmm.., I can't answer your question but did Colossal Cave ever come with pictures? I thought it was text only?
I've seen at least one version with graphics, but I couldn't tell you if that was on the Apple.

Looks like theres at least a couple of versions here (http://apple2.org.za/gswv/a2zine/Games/) (look under the Infocom sections).

jimmieloveshissunfire
February 13th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Thanks, I can live without the graphics, especially since my monitor is only black and green.