PDA

View Full Version : Dug up some old stuff...

Test Subject
February 27th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Hello (first post :cool:),

I recently helped my dad clean up his office, and we found some vintage computer stuff.
The 'loot' consists of:

-A HP86
-Monitor that goes with it (something along the lines of "[numbers]A")
-Two 9130A floppy disc drives
-Over 165 floppy discs, now formatted with the HP86
-Manuals for the HP86, and one for the 'BASIC' programming language
-Three cases, each with space for 20 floppy discs

How much do you think we can get for our stuff? Will it be extremely hard to find a buyer? Am I in the right forum?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Nearly forgot, we also found an old 'Tech 4' mouse, model name AM-5. It's a mouse with a 9-pin plug, and several buttons (left click, right click, and something to the right of right click, also some on the side of the mouse).

Vlad
February 27th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the forums! You're in the right place :p If you're looking to potentially sell it posting your location would help find members in your area who may be interested. I'm sure someone will be along to discuss your find soon. Very cool find!

-Vlad

Chuck(G)
February 27th, 2009, 10:47 AM
The HP series 80 systems still have an interested group of users. Here's a good jumping-off place for information:

http://www.series80.org/

Test Subject
February 27th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Just spoke to my dad, we're only selling the floppy discs. But it's nice to know how much we could have gotten for the pc anyway.

And thanks for the warm welcome, Vlad.

PS, I live in Leuven, Belgium if anyone is interested.

patscc
February 27th, 2009, 11:57 AM
If the floppies contain software for the HP86, I'd hold onto to them for when you sell the lot. It'll make the lot that much sweeter if you can provide a ton of software with it, than if you sell off the floppies with out the system. But that's just me.
patscc