PDA

View Full Version : Northstar Horizon finally up

johnx993
March 19th, 2009, 07:04 AM
...Lots of corrupted files on disks that were sitting in a pile without sleeves for god knows how long. I had to actually blow the dust off the diskettes with an air blower. But I managed to scavenge enough files to boot Lifeboat CP/M and found ASM, LOAD, and version 0.93 of Wordstar. I typed in code for a little Xmodem receiver routine and managed to assemble & load it. Smooth sailing after that - I loaded in all my CP/M files and utils from a laptop.

However I do not have the original Northstar DOS boot diskette or Northstar BASIC - I couldn't rescue them. So If anyone is willing to trade diskettes, I can offer Lifeboat CP/M with Utils, MBASIC, and a very old version of Wordstar on Northstar hardsector diskettes in return.

-J

bugman2112
March 19th, 2009, 08:28 AM
When I obtained my NorthStar last year I had no disks at all. With no boot strap ROM or other means to enter data, I could do nothing. Some kind members of the classic community helped by sending me a NorthStar disk. I would be happy to return the favor. Unfortunately, I'm leaving on vacation for 1 week, and couldn't get something turned around that quick. But PM me and if you have not been helped in a week or so I will arrange to send you a Nortstar Disk with Basic, etc. Once you have that, you will be able to use a small program called NST made by Dave Dunfield that will allow you to make real disks from images on your PC, or archive your current disks. Check out the site:
http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/index.htm