PDA

View Full Version : DOS Packet Driver on an IBM model 95

irishmike
March 30th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Hello:

I am at a total loss on my IBM PS/2 model 95. We are trying to get it setup to run a BBS and I need a packet driver for DOS 6.22 to run the Microchannel 3com 3c523 Nic card in it. So far nothing has worked and there doesn't seem to be a packet driver from 3com in any of the driver packages ranging from version 2 - 4 of the driver disks.

Is there any know packet driver for DOS that works with this card?

Thanks,

Mike

ALSO, I could possibly get it working under a Novell 3.12 server situation, but I am not sure how the BBS software would work under that scenario.

FYI: We are talking about Galacticomm Worldgroup 2

Help is welcome and GREATLY appeciated!!!

chuckcmagee
March 30th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I was a Novell CNE long ago. I am pretty sure that any EXE run on the server would have to be a special compile, to run in the Novell environment. Very unlikely that that is the case.

irishmike
March 30th, 2009, 02:17 PM
So Novell is out :-) That's cool still needing to figure out something here... I have definitely found out there is no packet driver ever made as it would have likely been called "3c5x3pd.com" and a search for that turned nothing up on Google. So unless someone knows of a special pd for Microchannel, that avenue is also sunk.

mbbrutman
March 30th, 2009, 02:56 PM
The Crynwr packet drivers include a driver for the 3c523. It is in pktd11.zip.

Mike

irishmike
March 30th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Do you have a direct link to download that zip file? I couldn't seem to find it.

Thanks,

Mike

mbbrutman
March 30th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I think you are not trying hard enough. Search for Crynwr packet drives, or use Google for the filename.

irishmike
March 30th, 2009, 04:40 PM
thanks. got it :-)