PDA

View Full Version : April Fool!

Terry Yager
April 1st, 2009, 10:12 AM
So, now that April 1st is here once again, has anyone experienced any adverse effects from the latest & greatest 'Worst Threat To Computer Security In The Whole History Of The World'(tm), CONFLICKER C?
Anyone have their drive erased, identity stolen, ice cream melted in the freezer, or lost control of their machine to some zombie-master for some nefarious purpose, like crashing the entire Internet in a global DDoS attack?
Or worse yet, has anyone's brain been infected by all the hype, causing you to go into an Nth-Complexity Infinite Binary Loop, and run around in a panic, buying every anti-virus program which claims to protect against this new nastie, and scream hysterically at everyone you know that this April Fool's Day is going to rival the chaos of January 1st 2000?

Just wondering...

--T

VintageComputerman
April 1st, 2009, 10:39 AM
So, now that April 1st is here once again, has anyone experienced any adverse effects from the latest & greatest 'Worst Threat To Computer Security In The Whole History Of The World'(tm), CONFLICKER C?
Anyone have their drive erased, identity stolen, ice cream melted in the freezer, or lost control of their machine to some zombie-master for some nefarious purpose, like crashing the entire Internet in a global DDoS attack?
Or worse yet, has anyone's brain been infected by all the hype, causing you to go into an Nth-Complexity Infinite Binary Loop, and run around in a panic, buying every anti-virus program which claims to protect against this new nastie, and scream hysterically at everyone you know that this April Fool's Day is going to rival the chaos of January 1st 2000?

Just wondering...

--T

I'm sure the virus software removal companies got a hefty boost in business.

Terry Yager
April 1st, 2009, 10:42 AM
I'm sure the virus software removal companies got a hefty boost in business.

Makes ya wonder, don't it?

--T

kb2syd
April 1st, 2009, 11:08 AM
Makes ya wonder, don't it?

--T

I half expect to see Boris Badinoff listed on the executive board for several of the AV vendor sites.

Terry Yager
April 1st, 2009, 09:02 PM
Vat make you tink I'm not, Natasha?

--T

afaiello
April 14th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Bond, James Bond.