PDA

View Full Version : Help with C64TPC

Aprules2
April 2nd, 2009, 07:08 AM
I got my C64TPC yesterday, and I am having problems. It will connect up and work fine then all the sudden windows says it made an illegal operation and it shuts down, or it has a c++ error and shuts down. Has anyone had this problem before? Also is there a full disk copy utility I can use so far Ive been loading each file from the disk image into memory then saving the file one at a time to disk and its pretty tedious. Im looking for software that allows me to copy from Device 9 to Device 8, 9 being my C64tpc, and 8 being my 1541 drive.

carlsson
April 2nd, 2009, 07:37 AM
Have you ensured you're using the latest Windows executables?
http://www.cancarpet.com/saymantek/c64tpc_en.html

How strong power adapter do you use? At least 9VDC 500 mA is recommended by the developer.

As for copying programs, perhaps you will find something here:
http://zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/c64/diskutil/index.html

Not sure which to recommend though, or what programs the C64TPC supports.

Maraud
April 2nd, 2009, 12:52 PM
I just got mine two days ago and am running into similar lockup / crashing issues. The software seems quite flakey. I'm actually going to spin up a "blank" VM with nothing but the software running and see if that behaves any better. I'll let you know. FYI, I'm using a 1000MA transformer, so that's all set.

Aprules2
April 6th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Im only using a 350ma so that could be my problem, as far as the software I do have 1.1 which I believe to be the newest. His site doesnt really work right at times, so maybe I'm downloading from an old mirror or something. What version are you guys running? Is there any other software u can use?

carlsson
April 6th, 2009, 08:08 AM
As regarding your last question:

I was told by azeymur via e-mail that no other software works with it and I specifically asked him about 64HDD and Star Commander, to which he emphatically responded, "NO".
So it seems currently you're stuck with the applications supplied with C64TPC. In the future it may be possible that some other program will support it, depending on whether the protocol will be public or not. I would greatly doubt any developer buying a NDA-like license to make custom software unless the market expands greatly to a point where one can sell C64TPC applications. Don't hold your breath, I'm afraid.