View Full Version : IBM folding rulers

April 6th, 2009, 09:40 PM
While going through leftover stuff from way back (the '80s) I came across a pile of rulers made by IBM. They are plastic about 14" long and fold in two. They have the IBM trademark and the part number S544-2112-0. I can't find anything on them on the Internet or on the IBM web site.

Would these be of interest or use to anyone? They were originally used to help with setting up spacing on typewriters and word processors.

I can e-mail photos on request.

April 11th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I'd be interested if you still have one--I occasionally do repairs on older electromechanical hardware.

April 14th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I just figured out how to add attachments to these notes. I've attached a couple of photos of the IBM rulers. As I hope you can see they are just rulers for measuring spacing, not part of any machines.

If you are still interested I could mail one to you.