PDA

View Full Version : Atari 520ST Value?

gerrydoire
April 7th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Atari 520ST Computer new in original box.

What would a computer like this be worth?

I'm looking to buy one, need a general idea what one like this would cost.

Thanks!

ahm
April 7th, 2009, 01:21 PM
How much would you spend for one?
That's how much it's worth (to you).

I got mine, unboxed with one floppy drive, for $5 plus shipping.
That's how much it was worth to me.

gerrydoire
April 7th, 2009, 04:07 PM
How much would you spend for one?
That's how much it's worth (to you).

I got mine, unboxed with one floppy drive, for $5 plus shipping.
That's how much it was worth to me.

Unlikely I would ever get one that cheap :D

justjunk
April 7th, 2009, 05:00 PM
dont remember what i paid for mine.. but i wouldnt sell it for five bux.. of course it isnt really new but it is boxed.. with matching drive.. no monitor tho.

recent ebay sales range from about $8-$50.. none with boxes.. shipping can ad a few $$ to the sales price. one nicely complete system (Item number: 280326888961) went for $26 (+shipping) it included a megafile 30, mouse, and monitor too!

these things may be difficult to find in some areas but they dont seem to bring huge amounts of $$.

gerrydoire
April 7th, 2009, 05:04 PM
dont remember what i paid for mine.. but i wouldnt sell it for five bux.. of course it isnt really new but it is boxed.. with matching drive.. no monitor tho.

recent ebay sales range from about $8-$50.. none with boxes.. shipping can ad a few $$ to the sales price. one nicely complete system (Item number: 280326888961) went for $26 (+shipping) it included a megafile 30, mouse, and monitor too!

these things may be difficult to find in some areas but they dont seem to bring huge amounts of $$.

How much would you pay for a new one?

justjunk
April 7th, 2009, 05:22 PM
How much would you pay for a new one?

not much at this point.. i am looking to downsize.

i know it is not apples to apples but judging by recent ebay sales they dont seem to bring big bux.. NIB units would likely bring more $$. but how much more depends on how badly the buyer wants it and how eager the seller is to be rid of it.

if you seriously want one check out:
http://www.myatari.com/ataristh.txt

they have a 520STFM - 1 MEG NEW 320.00 and 520STFM W/RF NEW 250.00

they dont say if boxes are included.

gerrydoire
April 7th, 2009, 05:52 PM
not much at this point.. i am looking to downsize.

i know it is not apples to apples but judging by recent ebay sales they dont seem to bring big bux.. NIB units would likely bring more $$. but how much more depends on how badly the buyer wants it and how eager the seller is to be rid of it.

if you seriously want one check out:
http://www.myatari.com/ataristh.txt

they have a 520STFM - 1 MEG NEW 320.00 and 520STFM W/RF NEW 250.00

they dont say if boxes are included.

That list helps alot, nice to have a ballpark figure on things.

Trooper
April 7th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Sad to say but the ST(FM(E)) machines don't bring in the big bucks, at least not in Europe. Here you can get an ST any day of the week for $5-$10. Boxed a bit more but not much

gerrydoire
April 8th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Sad to say but the ST(FM(E)) machines don't bring in the big bucks, at least not in Europe. Here you can get an ST any day of the week for $5-$10. Boxed a bit more but not much

How about one that is still brand new?