PDA

View Full Version : stylewriter ii uses a very common ink cart.

vic user
March 1st, 2005, 09:15 AM
i had no idea that so many different printers use the same kind of ink cart.

i have a few stylewriter ii's, and as a matter of fact, they are so common where i live, that i usually see one a week at the thrift stores.

anyway, i do not live anywhere near an Apple dealer, and so once i noticed my ink carts starting to die, i went around looking to see if the stylewriter ii cart. was compatible with others, so i wouldn't have to go out of my way to get replacements.

holy smokes!

the ink cart. it uses, is used by so many different printers it is not funny.

i actually was able to just go and grab the one from my canon bjc 240, and pop it into the stylewriter.

now that i know it uses such a common ink cart. these printers are going to get a lot more life out of them!

such a tiny printer, which prints very nice and uses a standard plug and does not need an adapeter, like my canon.

coupled with my fav. word processing computer, my Mac SE30, life is sweet!

chris

Terry Yager
March 1st, 2005, 01:58 PM
Isn't the StyleWriter II just a re-badged Canon? We have a couple of those 240s around here too. They make nice portable printers, but I still prefer my Diconix 150+. It can run on off-the-shelf batteries.

--T

vic user
March 1st, 2005, 02:06 PM
i don't know too much about the printers to tell tyou the truth terry.,

the stylewriter ii is a lot smaller than the two canons i have though

your battery operated printer sounds fantastic!

would be real good connected to a model 100 :)

chris

Terry Yager
March 1st, 2005, 02:25 PM
Another nice thing about the 240 is the (optional) I/R attachment, so you can print cable-free.
My Diconix can be run from alkeline batteries or NiCads, which charge in the machine, if used. (You hafta hit a couple of buttons to begin charging, so alkelines are safe to use in it, they don't charge automatically). If you're really interested in one, here's one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5170402230&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

It's badged Honeywell-Bull, but it's really a Kodak-Diconix (which are really built by Hewlett-Packard, using the H-P ThinkJet engine). It's bundled with a Honeywell-badged computer which is really a Zenith SuperSport in disguise (Zenith bought-out Honeywell-Bull a few years ago). Anyways, it looks like a real good deal. The H-P badged units are a lot less common, so therefore, more collectible.

--T

Terry Yager
March 1st, 2005, 02:38 PM
Here's a few more, for under ten buck$.

http://search.ebay.com/kodak-diconix-printer_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40

BTW, the ink carts for them only run $12.95 each, from H-P and other suppliers on daNet.

--T

vic user
March 2nd, 2005, 04:47 AM
sweet, thanks!

chris