PDA

View Full Version : Wanted...most early compatibles or semi-compatibles

Chris2005
March 3rd, 2005, 05:22 PM
HP Vectras - 8086 or '286 chips only
DEC Rainbow, they had a later thing w/a '286, that too
Victor 9000/VPC-II/v286p
Sanyo MBC-555 and 775 (portable I think)
IBM Professional Graphics Adapter
Sigma 400 Graphics Board
others by STB, 400 line boards
early pc/xt's by Canon, Mitsubishi,Tatung,Samsung...
400 line monitors (Tandy cm-1, Taxan?,Amdek?, Princeton...)
I'll haul away all the 8088/8086's/'286's I can find (for parts) New Jersey and surrounding states
anything with a 80188 or 80186 chip
MINDSET PC
Northstar Dimension
TELEVIDEO PERSONAL MINI, PM/286
anything else cool :P

Terry Yager
March 3rd, 2005, 07:33 PM
Have you ever seen a Vickie? That's a luggable version of the Victor 9000. My friend has one that I gave him several years ago. I had picked it up at a thrift store, but it's keyboard was missing, and it didn't boot from a "normal" 9000 bootdisk, so I lost interest in it and didn't want it taking up valuable space. I've never seen another one since, so they must be kinda rare. There isn't even one anywhere on daNet that I can find.

--T

olddataman
March 23rd, 2005, 08:34 PM
Hi;
I have two Sanyo 555's with some software and a set of logic diagrams and I don't know what else. But I have only one keyboard and no monitors. I also have an AST computer that I know very little about so you will have to express an interest and I'll get it out and see what all is there. I know AST made pretty solid hardware and if weight is any indication it must be pretty good. I am reasonably sure it has a 386 or 486 in it, and I have a good monitor fo it.
I also have User Manuals for a lot of AST, and other makes and models of various add-on boards for IBM PC's and AT's. They are for such things as memory boards, multi-functioin boards and display boards.
I live in Bloomington, Indiana, and have diven to Eastern Long Island many times. It is a good days drive from anywhere n New Jersey.
Ray

atarimuseum
March 23rd, 2005, 09:49 PM
HP Vectras - 8086 or '286 chips only
DEC Rainbow, they had a later thing w/a '286, that too
Victor 9000/VPC-II/v286p
Sanyo MBC-555 and 775 (portable I think)
IBM Professional Graphics Adapter
Sigma 400 Graphics Board
others by STB, 400 line boards
early pc/xt's by Canon, Mitsubishi,Tatung,Samsung...
400 line monitors (Tandy cm-1, Taxan?,Amdek?, Princeton...)
I'll haul away all the 8088/8086's/'286's I can find (for parts) New Jersey and surrounding states
anything with a 80188 or 80186 chip
MINDSET PC
Northstar Dimension
TELEVIDEO PERSONAL MINI, PM/286
anything else cool :P

Chris,

I can help you out with a Mindset PC, if you have a trade list, send it over otherwise you can talk price.

Curt

Chris2005
March 26th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Hey Curt...there's this guy in Long Island that been selling me one for a couple of months now. Haven't heard from him, but I'll have to wait and see what's going on with that. In any event, can you give me a ballpark figure of what you'd like to get for it. I'm leary about the Mindset, despite it's notariety, due to the use of custom IC's that are pretty irreplaceable. I am interested though.

Chris2005
March 28th, 2005, 02:23 PM
no I never saw a Vicki, but I want it. What's your friend's address? :)

Chris2005
March 28th, 2005, 02:27 PM
old, old issues of PC magazine, I also need a few Bytes ;)
Xerox 8/16 or something like that, had an 8085 or z80 and an 8086, one just went for $150 on ebay :(
NEC APC, the foist one, I already got an APC III
Fujitsu Micro 16s
INTERESTING JAPANESE "COMPATIBLES", ones not normally available here in the US, there were quite a few
RESEARCH MACHINES NIMBUS PUTER, made in the UK, my "friends" over there won't help me out with it :(
I'll add other things as I remember them...

Terry Yager
March 28th, 2005, 03:17 PM
no I never saw a Vicki, but I want it. What's your friend's address? :)

He may not have it anymore, he abandoned a lot of stuff at the store where he used to work. I'm tenatively planning an excursion there later on this week, so I can spend a couple hours rummaging around in the basement and mebbe get some idea of what's available. (Picture a 6500sq. ft. basement with rows and rows of shelves stacked from the floor up with vintage computer equipment. That's "Computer Hell," as we affectionatly call it).

--T