PDA

View Full Version : a New Apple lap-top.

Luzur
April 19th, 2009, 06:36 AM
so guise, whaddaya think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

id buy anything that is shiny and made by Apple.

gerrydoire
April 19th, 2009, 08:10 AM
so guise, whaddaya think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

id buy anything that is shiny and made by Apple.

Making fun of Apple while Microsoft spews out endless garbage seems unfunny....

NeXT
April 19th, 2009, 09:04 AM
That's The Onion for you. Stuff that's mildly humorous.

Druid6900
April 19th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Making fun of Apple while Microsoft spews out endless garbage seems unfunny....

Well, you have to understand that Apple is much smaller and it takes them longer to spew out garbage :)

strollin
April 19th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I thought it was pretty funny especially since I think the click-wheel is probably the WORST user input device I've ever used on an mp3 player. Way too much effort involved to scroll and such.

tezza
April 20th, 2009, 01:14 AM
I thought it was pretty funny especially since I think the click-wheel is probably the WORST user input device I've ever used on an mp3 player. Way too much effort involved to scroll and such.

Well, in there lies a story.

Last Xmas (2007) my wife got me an Apple IPOD for Xmas. I tried it out and figured it was faulty. I couldn't seem to turn the sound up or down, select things or really do anything.

I was about to get a refund on it, when my daughter took a look. "Dad, you're suppose to TURN the wheel, not just click on the top, bottom and side areas!"

Duh! Of course it wasn't broken after all.

I felt old and out of touch.

But how was I suppose to know that? No one told me it was a wheel and you could actually could (and should) turn it?? There were no instructions of course as it was suppose to be "intuitive". Were you automatically suppose to KNOW that circular plate rotates just because it exists?

Anyway. I went and played with my vintage computers. Now those are things I CAN understand :)

Tez

DimensionDude
April 24th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I purchased a Samsung lcd tv about a month ago (can you say 52" monitor?). The remote has one of those iPod type wheels, but it will operate by turning or by clicking. I usually just click.

Kent