PDA

View Full Version : Old Macintosh software; Are they worth anything?

Frankie
April 29th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I have some old Macintosh software that I would like to sell on either ebay or craigslist. Before I post them up, I would like to get an idea on how much there worth...

1. Canvas 3.5 w/ Manual booklet and original box
2. After Dark 2.0 w/ original box
3. DesignCAD 2D/3D - don't know if all the floppies are included

I don't have a macintosh so I have no way of knowing if the floppies are still good. So how much do you think there worth?

Unknown_K
April 29th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Loose disks are worth very little, disks with manuals are worth a couple bucks, boxed and complete worth a bit more. Unless you have something very collectable few will pay much for it. I kind of wish the stuff was worth a little more so people would not just toss it in the trash like they normally do. Quite often people keep the machines and junk everything else.

I collect old mac software and over the years it has been easy to snag boxed apps for very little over shipping costs even for major name applications. Even on ebay I don't see much software selling for more then the cost of a dinner at the most. Games seem to sell better then old apps.

I think there was only one version of Designcad for mac, I used to use the DOS version on a PC in the mid 1990's at a job. Is your Designcad boxed and complete?

Frankie
April 29th, 2009, 01:45 PM
I only have the floppies for DesignCAD but I'm not sure if I have the complete set.

Terry Yager
April 29th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Untested and possibly incomplete, they ain't worth much. I'd say somewhere between zero and nothing, unless it's sum'n very, very rare..

--T

Bill_Loguidice
April 30th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah, old apps/productivity software tends to sell for very little, even if boxed, complete and working. Games on the other hand in that state tend to have more value.

Frankie
April 30th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I guess I'll try selling them on craigslist then, at least if they don't sell I won't waste any money...

Unknown_K
April 30th, 2009, 03:11 PM
For cheap things like that you are better off with locals since shipping adds to the cost.

If nobody wants them I would offer media mail shipping to keep them out of the trash, but hopefully you have a mac collector in that area who wants them.