PDA

View Full Version : Business as usual

Terry Yager
May 8th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Now that the Great Flu Pandemic of Twenty-Ought-Nine has fizzled out, it almost makes me happy that the talking heads have finally found real human tragedy to endlessly prattle on about; major disaster, (sorry, California), and new witches to hunt, (sorry, Dru Peterson, (whoever you are)). Am I at least allowed to feel relieved that they have once again taken up stock topics?

--T

patscc
May 8th, 2009, 07:19 AM
It's over ? Already ? And they say sticking you head in the sand doesn't work !
patscc

Unknown_K
May 8th, 2009, 11:38 AM
It's over ? Already ? And they say sticking you head in the sand doesn't work !
patscc

I don't recommend people who look like a one hump camels sticking their head in the sand in the middle-east desert.

The problem is we have 24/7 news on TV and they need something to fill that time with. On slow days they will just cover accidents or something.

How many thousands of people die every year of the normal flu, do we realy need to hear about every non plague that comes along? If there realy is a 40 million killing flu virus going around like 1918 we are not going to stop it in this day and age of air travel all over the globe. There are plenty of poor areas in the US with immigrant populations with no health insurance to propogate it.

Heck even TB is making a comeback and that used to be extinct in the US.

lutiana
May 8th, 2009, 11:42 AM
real human tragedy to endlessly prattle on about; major disaster, (sorry, California)

Sorry California? Was there a disaster out here that I missed? Well I guess that's not too surprising since I don't listen to the radio, watch TV, or read the newspapers...

Unknown_K
May 8th, 2009, 11:49 AM
California is known for 3 things: Pot, fires, earthquakes. Arnold has not legalized pot yet, the earth hasn't moved today so that leaves fire.

lutiana
May 8th, 2009, 11:54 AM
California is known for 3 things: Pot, fires, earthquakes. Arnold has not legalized pot yet, the earth hasn't moved today so that leaves fire.

I was not aware of anything that is currently on fire in california, perhaps I need to find out.

Quick, to the interwebs!

IBMMuseum
May 8th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I was not aware of anything that is currently on fire in california, perhaps I need to find out...

It's the mansions, not the barrios, so more likely to get on the news...