PDA

View Full Version : looking for an RE ROBOT BRAIN/Vesta Tech. OEM-188 SBC

Chris2005
March 28th, 2005, 01:21 PM
I'm looking for someone who actually has a Vesta Technology oem-188 board. It was the brain of the RE robot (Radio Electronics Magazine circa 1987). They're still around, and e-mailed me an image of the Forth interpreter/OS?, but they don't have anything else w/regards to firmware. I have the schematics and all for the thing (based on the Intel 80188), so I'm gonna build it one of these days. PLEASE HELP!

DeTech
March 26th, 2006, 07:55 AM
It's hard to put an electronics project aside for a few years (20) and hope to find support when you finally take it out of the closet. Believe me!:-? I do have a Vesta OEM188 and a semi-working RE-Robot!:D I still have some support for it. I'm currently having trouble getting the Folppy drive to save/read anything. Contact me at DeTech@hotmail.com

alexkerhead
March 26th, 2006, 08:10 AM
It may need cleaning, or possibly re-aligning.
Worst case scenario, you need a new drive.
Or possibly you are using incorrect media, maybe you are trying to use a 1.44MB Disk in a 720KB drive?
If so, you will need to format using the command "format a: /f:720" and to make a boot disk, use the command "format a: /f:720 /s"

I cant find any reliable info on the controller you are using, so I dont know if it is a 3.5in or 5.25in.
You can format a 1.2MB 5.25in disk to work as a 360KB using the command "format a: /f:360" and make a boot disk using "format a: /f:360 /s"
If I remember correctly, it might use some sort of terminal program to access via serial, or something.
None of this helped probably..lol....but hope it does.