PDA

View Full Version : Apple IIgs PSU

Starshadow
June 15th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I was given an Apple IIgs with no PSU. Is there any PSU that can be adapted to power up the Motherboard to see if it is still good? I don't see any visible signs of trouble on both sides of the board, in fact its a very clean looking board.

If someone has a spare I might be willing to trade some parts for it. I have three ram expansion boards, and I only need 1. I also have several Mac parts and a few extra Apple IIe parts left over from that restoration.

NeXT
June 15th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I got a spare one from when I installed a Vulcan drive in mine.

Starshadow
June 15th, 2009, 07:49 PM
ok I have two offers on IIgs psu's. Now I just need to know If I can adapt another PSU since one of my trade items will be a pair of IIgs memory expasion boards, one Apple, one AST RamStack Plus. the AST has four sockets for what looks like rom chips that are empty. Since this is the first time I've encountered this part, I'm not sure if something thats required is missing, or if the sockets are for something optional. Thats why I'm including it with the Apple brand board.

I'd like to be able to test these cards before offering them for trade. I have a IIe to test the IIe stuff, but I think the IIe won't like these ram boards.:onfire: