PDA

View Full Version : Need Apple IIe Keyboards

Drken
June 18th, 2009, 07:34 AM
I purchased a few Apple IIe's and need replacement keyboards for them - both the standard keyboard and the extended (with numeric keypad) keyboards - that work.

If you have one/several or know where I can get some, please let me know!

Thanks much.

Ken

channelmaniac
June 18th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I have one without the keypad that I've been holding onto for months for another member.

It's yours for the cost of shipping.

RJ

scommstech
June 19th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I purchased a few Apple IIe's and need replacement keyboards for them - both the standard keyboard and the extended (with numeric keypad) keyboards - that work.

If you have one/several or know where I can get some, please let me know!

Thanks much.

Ken
If you get yourself sorted out with the keyboards, I'd be interested in a couple of key caps if you have any to spare. Will pay
Regards.

phogren
June 19th, 2009, 06:20 PM
What keycaps for what model? I have some parts machines

scommstech
June 20th, 2009, 01:39 PM
What keycaps for what model? I have some parts machines
The caps I am looking for are the "esc" for a Apple IIE (top left). I am using a
brown one from an old keyboard but the correct one is grey and sits more
upright. I am also after the clear power cover for an Apple II. Do you have
anything like this.
Regards

phogren
June 23rd, 2009, 09:05 AM
The caps I am looking for are the "esc" for a Apple IIE (top left). I am using a
brown one from an old keyboard but the correct one is grey and sits more
upright. I am also after the clear power cover for an Apple II. Do you have
anything like this.
Regards
You need one from a "Platinum" A2S2128 right? PM me and I think I can help you on the ESC key

leaknoil
June 23rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
This will be harder then you think unless you can find complete keyboards. They all age different and its almost impossible to match keys between two keyboards.

I learned this the hard way when I decided to clean the keys off 6 IIe platinums all at once in a big bucket. I took them all off the keyboards and dumped them in.

Now I have six keyboards with various mismatched keys that may never be right again. Every once in awhile I take them out and swap a few keys around. Sometimes it looks a little better often worse. Its hopeless.

lyonadmiral
June 24th, 2009, 06:17 AM
This will be harder then you think unless you can find complete keyboards. They all age different and its almost impossible to match keys between two keyboards.

I learned this the hard way when I decided to clean the keys off 6 IIe platinums all at once in a big bucket. I took them all off the keyboards and dumped them in.

Now I have six keyboards with various mismatched keys that may never be right again. Every once in awhile I take them out and swap a few keys around. Sometimes it looks a little better often worse. Its hopeless.

What if you were to retrobright all of them?

leaknoil
June 24th, 2009, 05:03 PM
What if you were to retrobright all of them?

It fades black lettering in my experience. At least thats what happened to the platinum IIe's I tried it on. I can't even imagine retro brighting 500 keys either.

Drken
July 1st, 2009, 10:30 AM
Channelmaniac -

Still interested in the keyboard if the offer stands. I sent you two private messages but don't know if you received them or not.

Ken

1stKnight
July 29th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Hey Drken, just wanted to give you and/or any other members a chance to get an Apple lle. I hate to throw it out,but i need the space its taking up for some other items. If anyone can use it,please send me a message. I have to tell you that i've powered it up and its all ok but i can't load the os due to a missing 3.5 boot floppy. i have the 2 - 5.25s and the ibm hob (hands on basic) programming disks. Also the card and modem for the printer but not the printer itself. It also has the joystick and 2 hand controllers. I have a fair amount of books that go with it also. Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks, 1stKnight

channelmaniac
July 30th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Please post your location.

Drken
July 31st, 2009, 11:04 AM
I'm in Charlottesville VA.