PDA

View Full Version : Apple CP/M card

phogren
July 5th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I found an Apple CP/M card today it's just like one that is for sale on Ebay from AltaZ. item number is:320388479197
Does anyone have any documentation or boot disk or IMG file for this card?

leaknoil
July 5th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Pretty sure its a generic clone of the Microsoft card. The standard software should work. Most of the images are here http://mirrors.apple2.org.za/ftp.apple.asimov.net/images/cpm/

bugman2112
July 6th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Yes, I've purchased a couple of these from Atlaz and they are Microsoft card compatable. I've had no issues. This site also has images and documentation that I have used.

http://www.apple2info.net/hardware/softcard/softcard.htm

Druid6900
July 6th, 2009, 07:16 PM
I have the actual Microsoft Softcard and it's running Digital Research's CP/M 2.2 licensed to Franklin Computers and it seems to work nicely in the US Apple ][+ I have.

When I have some time, I'll have to try some of those images and see how they work on it.

I also have a Microsoft 16K memory/language card with 3 red LEDs along the top indicating RAM Write Enable, RAM Read Enable and Bank 1.

The memory card is from 1980 and the CP/M card is from 1981

phogren
July 7th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Thank you

phogren
July 9th, 2009, 07:48 PM
OK, well I've tried every CP/M boot disk I can find and no joy. I always get the "softcard not found" error. I have the card in slot 4 of a IIe Platinum. If you have one and it works, could you tell me what cp/m disk you use to boot it? Also the 4 dip switch should be all set off? Of ocurse there is always the possibility that the card is FUBAR. It is the Altaz softcard clone.

Drken
July 10th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Paul - If you have not already tried the disk for the PCPI AppliCard, I can send them to you to try. Don't know if they will be compat with your card or not, but it might be worth a shot. Ken

phogren
July 10th, 2009, 11:07 AM
WOW, that would be great. Can you attach it to an email? I have a PCPI Applicard also but don't know if it works either.

Druid6900
July 10th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Also the 4 dip switch should be all set off? Of ocurse there is always the possibility that the card is FUBAR. It is the Altaz softcard clone.

On my Apple softcard, the 4 switchs are depressed on the OPEN side of the switch (it's a rocker, not a slider), which would be all OFF, AFAIK.

Drken
July 11th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Will send it via email as soon as I'm done here. Happy to help!

phogren
July 24th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I got the Softcard CP/M clone working. It had an errant pin on one of the chips. Removed and reinstalled and it works great. When in CP/M is there a way to use the 3.5 controller as drive C: ? The 3.5" works great (IIE in slot 5) but in CP/M mode it's no joy.

dorkbert
July 24th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I got the Softcard CP/M clone working. It had an errant pin on one of the chips. Removed and reinstalled and it works great. When in CP/M is there a way to use the 3.5 controller as drive C: ? The 3.5" works great (IIE in slot 5) but in CP/M mode it's no joy.I think there is 3.5" UDC driver for AppliCard CP/M, but not Microsoft Softcard...