:shock:

http://www.barfs.biz/iic.jpg

gerrydoire
July 22nd, 2009, 02:32 PM

http://www.barfs.biz/iievga.jpg

magnusfalkirk
July 22nd, 2009, 03:25 PM
Looks good. Now the only question is how much?

Dean

Anonymous Freak
July 22nd, 2009, 03:26 PM
Here is the fist view of the product:

So it would appear that this converts the //c's digital out (meant for the short-lived LCD,) into bog-standard VGA, right?

Does it output color? (It was my understanding that the port was b/w only, but I know that the Apple II line only really did 'color' with tricks of interlacing.) Is it a clean straight-through signal, or an analog-capture, re-output converted to VGA?

Of course, I find it funny that the chip used to do it is more powerful than the system's main CPU...

gerrydoire
July 22nd, 2009, 06:14 PM
Looks good. Now the only question is how much?

Dean

Hopefully not too much, these pics are from Kfest 2009.

gerrydoire
July 22nd, 2009, 06:30 PM
So it would appear that this converts the //c's digital out (meant for the short-lived LCD,) into bog-standard VGA, right?

Does it output color? (It was my understanding that the port was b/w only, but I know that the Apple II line only really did 'color' with tricks of interlacing.) Is it a clean straight-through signal, or an analog-capture, re-output converted to VGA?

Of course, I find it funny that the chip used to do it is more powerful than the system's main CPU...

I have an Amgia RGB Monitor, with these monitors becoming harder and harder to get, I use an Amiga to VGA port adapter, VGA Monitors are plentyful and bottomless, keeps the mileage off of my far more rarer and valuable RGB Monitor.

The Apple ][ converter doubles the lines so it fills the VGA Monitor 80%, so it leaves a 20% border area.

If I'm not mistaken, most monitors if not all still have a VGA Connector, even if it comes with a DVI one, so VGA is still quite alive in the industry.

dorkbert
July 24th, 2009, 03:52 PM
The RAMworks addon piqued my interest, I'll certainly bite (if priced right.)

gerrydoire
July 25th, 2009, 08:16 PM
According to Henry Courbis the adapters sold at Kfest will be redone before they are sold to the public, work out some minor bugs.

Tupin
August 5th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Very impressive, I'm planning on getting a IIc soon and it's good to know that there are options to hook it up to a standard VGA monitor.

UltimateApple2
August 5th, 2009, 11:44 PM
We have a very limited amount of first run beta VGA cards left over from the Kfest trip. I will be releasing them shortly. I am currently working on updating my site and the osCommerce store to handle sales. In the mean time, I will be posting the kfest special cards on ebay for sale. Also being posted for sale will be Superdrive cards and EDD4+ cards. Hopefully within the next few days all of these will be finished up.

There will be another revision of the current run of cards as they are beta and are not 100% bug free, although they do infact work. So, if you purchase one, remember that it is BETA and that you will be part of the cause to help build better projects for the community. I will also offer discounts if you decide to purchase a final run card as well (in regards to the VGA cards).

Other items that will be available:

As for the EDD4+ cards, the jury is still out on these. They are ULTRA RARE and once they are completed and tested to be working 1-to-1 clones of the original only will i release the card. As for a time frame--we are looking at possibly having this ready in two weeks...unless something goes wrong.

As for the Apple 3.5" superdrive controller cards, these are 1-to-1 clones. They have almost all of the same exact chips and the layout is the same as an original. There will be a new revision of this card in about a year or less depending on time. The issue we are facing is that there is one chip that is totally unavailable and there is no where you can find it anymore. I have searched for months and found the last 12 in existance. Now I will take on the project to adapt a newer style of chip for its replacement. This card is a limited production card and once they are gone, they are gone for good!

There is more information on my site: ultimateapple2.com.
There is a 2store there but it is not setup to take orders at the current moment. I will however have it setup hopefully very soon to handle sales.

Thanks for your interest!

dorkbert
August 13th, 2009, 06:22 AM
I think everyone here is just dying to find out... how much for these gems?

UltimateApple2
August 14th, 2009, 02:12 PM
They will be on ebay and the market will decide on the beta release cards.
As for final production which has no set date at all as on now, that price will be hopefully under 200 dollars.

Jibbajaba
August 17th, 2009, 01:20 PM
How would one go about hooking up a //c+ to an Amiga (or any other) RGB monitor? It was my (possibly false) understanding that the monitor port on the back of a //c+ does not output RGB.

Chris

magnusfalkirk
August 19th, 2009, 02:28 PM
How would one go about hooking up a //c+ to an Amiga (or any other) RGB monitor? It was my (possibly false) understanding that the monitor port on the back of a //c+ does not output RGB.

Chris

It is your false understanding. The //c+ has an RGB port on the back of the computer just like the //c. If you look at the rear of the //c+ the RGB port is located just to the left of RCA plug for a composite monitor.

Dean

Jibbajaba
August 20th, 2009, 09:11 PM
It is your false understanding. The //c+ has an RGB port on the back of the computer just like the //c. If you look at the rear of the //c+ the RGB port is located just to the left of RCA plug for a composite monitor.

Dean

From the Apple II CSA2 FAQ:

16.024 What kind of RGB monitors will work with a IIc and a Laser 128?

I don't know about the Laser. The IIc doesn't have built-in RGB output. Its
video port provides several low-level timing signals which allow RGB data to be
decoded from the composite video signal (which is also provided on the port),
but this requires external hardware.

The "standard" IIc RGB adapter (assuming there was one) would probably have
produced digital RGB output, the same as the Apple III and the Apple IIe memory
expansion cards with RGB output. With a digital RGB monitor, standard digital
logic levels (TTL) indicate whether a colour (or colour weighting) is present
or absent. One wire is required for each bit of each primary colour.

The IIgs, on the other hand, produces an analog RGB signal - a voltage on the
Red, Green and Blue outputs represents the intensity of each primary colour.
Any number of shades of each colour can be supported, by providing a finer
resolution digital to analog converter within the computer. The IIgs has 4-bit
D-to-A for each primary colour. High-end video cards on the Mac and PC (SVGA)
use 8-bit D-to-A for each primary colour.

And from support.apple.com, here's the pinout for the video port on the IIc:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA30797?viewlocale=en_US

So I think that they do not output analog RGB.

So I'll ask again. How would one go about hooking up a //c+ to an RGB monitor?

Thanks,

Chris

david__schmidt
August 23rd, 2009, 03:10 PM
So I'll ask again. How would one go about hooking up a //c+ to an RGB monitor?
I guess you invent some hardware to adapt it. I have the pinout for the Laser 128 from here:
http://www.1000bit.it/support/manuali/vtech/Laser%20128%20Series%20Technical%20Reference%20Man ual.pdf
and have made an adapter to connect my Laser 128 to my Apple IIgs RGB monitor, but have verified that it doesn't work with either the IIc or IIc+.

Jibbajaba
August 23rd, 2009, 05:04 PM
I guess you invent some hardware to adapt it. I have the pinout for the Laser 128 from here:
http://www.1000bit.it/support/manuali/vtech/Laser%20128%20Series%20Technical%20Reference%20Man ual.pdf
and have made an adapter to connect my Laser 128 to my Apple IIgs RGB monitor, but have verified that it doesn't work with either the IIc or IIc+.

Yeah, I can just hook my IIgs up to my RGB monitor, but it would be cooler if I could just do so with my //c+.

Chris