PDA

View Full Version : Atari CX-2000 "Val" Sunnyvale Prototype

billdeg
July 27th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Wow, this sold for $6900

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200364299610

pontus
July 27th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I always wonder who buys this stuff. Who are the collectors with the big bucks, museums or whoever owns the atari brand now?

barythrin
July 27th, 2009, 02:47 PM
lol wonder if that'll stop him from rushing his stuff to auctions. I'd imagine he's probably trying to figure out what happened.

carlsson
July 27th, 2009, 03:00 PM
No, since the seller had a starting price at $5000, he seems quite aware of what his grandfather had left him and what was a reasonable price. Anyone with just a tiny bit of Internet skills and social awareness can and will look up unusual items before they get rid of them. Perhaps the odd software package will slip through though, something that even I may mistake for a common item can be highly desired.

VintageComputerman
August 2nd, 2009, 07:43 AM
Here is all the other stuff he is selling...

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/ryder267_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ

Personally, it is the wrong time to sell unless you need money. Now is the time to buy. Soon prices will begin to recover and move even higher for all this vintage stuff. JMHO.

NathanAllan
August 2nd, 2009, 09:28 AM
He certainly has a lot of neat stuff. I can't get it myself, but passed it along to someone that might.

That 2800 is really rare. Someone I know sold a proto of one, not like the one for sale, and I think it got more than five grand. I swear, it looked like a radio shack job, but it had papers and noted that went along with it from dev people at Atari.

animekenji
September 6th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I remember when I was a kid I play tested one of those for a consumer research company. I didn't like it because the controllers weren't detachable. It was constructed a lot like a Pong box that accepted 2600 carts.

Hey, I just checked and no feedback has been posted on that item. Maybe he got stiffed? I really can't see anyone paying $6900 for that in the first place.

Further development, the buyer has chosen to keep his feedback rating private so there's a good chance he did stiff the seller.