PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever seen an all black TI/99 (maybe 4a?)

barythrin
July 30th, 2009, 09:24 AM
So I saw one at goodwill that just confused me because I don't see the label anywhere other than solid state software in the cartridge area. It's cheap I may buy it just because I'm curious why I haven't seen one like that before. I can't tell if it's a clone or if someone painted it or what. It's missing a key is the only reason I didn't grab it (if it's still there) but then realized all the silver models have black keys anyway.

Just curious, has anyone seen something like that? It's almost like it'd be a Bell & Howell model lol.

barythrin
July 30th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Bleh.. ok I can answer that. Nope never seen one lol. So if you're looking at used systems on a dark shelf the blemished silver sometimes looks black. ...would have been interesting though.

channelmaniac
July 30th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Look for rectangular slots around the keyboard area. If there are some then you simply are looking at a TI without the metal trim.

RJ

Ksarul
July 31st, 2009, 01:08 PM
Since you mentioned not seeing any of the other text that belongs on the cover, it is almost certainly just a regular black and silver case missing the aluminum cover. . .no cover will make it appear to be an all black case.

barythrin
July 31st, 2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah, that's what it was. I went back to check it out again since I sorta wasn't believing myself and remember seeing a few different units there. It had some removed but was a standard black/silver unit.