PDA

View Full Version : Apple ][ c Woz edition

kyeakel
August 19th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Does anyone have any idea if the Woz edition of the ][c is worth more than any other apple ][ of this vintage? I have a chance to buy one, I've got some Mac's but am not familiar with the earlier stuff.

Kipp

NeXT
August 19th, 2009, 06:45 AM
There was a woz version of the c? Do you not mean the IIgs?
Basically, the Woz signature on a IIgs system means that in an unmodified state, it's a revision 1 board.

kyeakel
August 19th, 2009, 11:01 AM
According to the guy I'm buying it from, it's a C and a WOZ. He said only 1000 were made.

Kipp

barythrin
August 19th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Weird. Does he have a picture? I'm not a hardcore Apple historian but I also thought the only Woz edition was a IIgs. I'm guessing you know the difference also right? The IIgs is more of a square desktop (kinda pre-Mac) with an external keyboard that connects to the back like modern computers while the IIc and IIc+ are the small "portable" keyboard in case type with an external monitor and the IIc has a power brick.

On the flip side it could actually be an autographed IIc lol I hear he's nice about autographing stuff if you're around him.

kyeakel
August 19th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I know almost nothing about these. I did look up Woz edition on the web and can only find llgs models. I haven't seen it or a picture yet. Supposed to look at it on Monday. I'm not paying extra for the Woz signature anyway. The web says that 50,000 were made and are no more/less desireable than any other one.

Thanks for the insight!

Kipp

kyeakel
August 20th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I just got a call from the seller, looks like he made a mistake and the unit is indeed a llgs. So end of mystery.

Kipp