PDA

View Full Version : Kaypro computer in El Paso (??)

NathanAllan
September 8th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I put an ad on Craigslist and got a person wanting to find a good home for a Kaypro 2 computer, and the thing looks great. I can email pictures to anyone who asks, the pics that he sent me.

The gentleman also has a Tandy 102 that I'm interested in, so I might pick that one up for myself.

So, does anyone want to make an offer? I will have more info when I get to see it in person.

Nathan

Dougtronics
September 9th, 2009, 09:22 AM
I put an ad on Craigslist and got a person wanting to find a good home for a Kaypro 2 computer, and the thing looks great. I can email pictures to anyone who asks, the pics that he sent me.

The gentleman also has a Tandy 102 that I'm interested in, so I might pick that one up for myself.

So, does anyone want to make an offer? I will have more info when I get to see it in person.

Nathan

I am interested if there is some way to get it to near Mountain View California

because sending it via UPS may cost 40 to 50 dollars. It hurts.

Dougtronics

barythrin
September 9th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Right, shipping some of the heavier systems does suck, however also consider if someone had it for sale for $40 and shipping was $10-20. It's all relative of course, but sometimes the deals are ok if you really consider what you're getting. Of course I don't know what this person wants but it's all part of the collecting game heh.

Dougtronics
September 9th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Right, shipping some of the heavier systems does suck, however also consider if someone had it for sale for $40 and shipping was $10-20. It's all relative of course, but sometimes the deals are ok if you really consider what you're getting. Of course I don't know what this person wants but it's all part of the collecting game heh.

Do you believe in miracle? Do it and it will happen. Recently I brought a Kaypro II for $10.00 and she happened to move from Florida to California in my direction. So she is going to bring the gear to me. There is a Kaypro 2x for free in San Diego and he promised to keep it to Christmas for me to pickup while my family will be vacationing in Disneyland.

Dougtronics

NathanAllan
September 9th, 2009, 11:02 PM
I sure do believe in miracles, but this doesn't look like one. I think he's going to ask for about a hundred dollars for that and another price for the Tandy 102 he has. Here I was trying to scare up maybe at best an Atari ST.