PDA

View Full Version : Atari Jaguar controller I built

rebeltaz
September 15th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I thought I would share a picture of a controller I built for my Atari jaguar with you. I rewired the Sega controller and attached it to the controller shaped piece of plastic and used standoffs to hold the circuit board at the right height.

I included the schematic in case any one else would like to build one. I didn't design this circuit, but I did redraw the schematic. The original was a (pretty hard to follow) ASCII drawing inside a purely text based FAQ. All I did was to convert the ASCII drawing to standard schematic symbols.

Also, I found a JPG of an overlay online that I downloaded and that is what I used to get the dimensions of the keypad. I don't know for sure, though, that the size of the printout was exactly right. I think it looks close to what I've seen from picture on the internet, but if anyone has an original overlay that they could measure for me (in metrics if possible) to so that I can know how over sized I actually made this thing I would really appreciate it.

It may not look pretty (I personally like it better than an original, but hey... I'm a geek), but it works great! Why spend $15 (on evilBay) to buy something that I could build from parts laying in my floor? Am I right, guys?

NathanAllan
September 15th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Heck yeah, you're right! I think it's cool that you used a Sega 6-button to make it happen!! Any plans to put any kind of cover over the keypad?? I might have something on my floor to help out.

Bill_Loguidice
September 16th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Very cool. I have a box full of those controllers too, but sadly no skills to do this!

rebeltaz
September 16th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Heck yeah, you're right! I think it's cool that you used a Sega 6-button to make it happen!! Any plans to put any kind of cover over the keypad?? I might have something on my floor to help out.

As soon as I can make sure that I have the dimensions right, I do want to add side panels so that the overlay can slip in securely, but I think I am going to probably leave the board exposed. I kinda like my projects to have that thrown-together-in-a-hurry look. ;)

Very cool. I have a box full of those controllers too, but sadly no skills to do this!

More a matter of way too much time on my hands, than that of skill. :rolleyes:

I appreciate the kind remarks....