PDA

View Full Version : Mystery AT&T Multiplexer boards

leaknoil
September 17th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I picked up a few of these in a crazy mystery pallet from an auction site. They were strung together with the two cables pictured and there was no cage for them. Nobody knew where they came from.

I know its not exactly computer related though it could be. I just know you guys like a good mystery item so, see if you can find what this is. To me it looks like some part of some pretty expensive test gear. The three cans are Burr Brown INA101CM Very High Accuracy Instrumentation Amplifier's that cost like $30 each even now. Everything seems circa 1992. Rest is just 74 series buffers.

In case you can't make out the images the board says:

Remote Control
Analog Multiplexer Bd
AT&T-ME

SID-90RD2112
Issue 3

The connector on the bottom is a DB9M. Really I am just curious.

Anyway, here it is:

analog
September 17th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Some sort of test equipment.

I'm assuming there are several analog inputs (on the card edge connector I guess) which are muxed based on some digital control (maybe even serial, with that port on there) and sent out that SMA connector.. or perhaps the other way around.

leaknoil
September 18th, 2009, 12:48 AM
That is pretty much what I figured as well. Anyone have a guess what it might have come out of ?

I can't find any reference to "AT&T-ME" other then lots off cell phone ad noise.

analog
September 18th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Do you know anyone that worked at bell labs 30 years ago? :lol:

leaknoil
September 18th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I wish. They must have some awesome stories to tell. I probably wouldn't understand what they were talking about but, I could nod my head knowingly and pretend I did.